Page 1 of 2
I don't even know where to start with this. I'm pretty much shaking in anger and frustration.

It started today when my friend played a gig and borrowed my amp in school. All of that went great and it was a good day at the end he said I could take the amp home and so I thought why not.

On the bus none of the regular people I ride with were on and usually the upper class students get the back seats such as myself and it goes down by grade. Anways i'm the only one there except for another friend infront of me and so we're just standing and talking. Then these pot heads (no stereotype they were just pricks who happened to smoke dope cause it was "cool.) Get on and take the back seats like they own the place I don't care.

However one of em' starts banging on the windows as hard as he can and then starts to bad mouth me and make fun the of the fact that I have an amp and just about anything else. This pissed me off ALOT however after such a good day why let it get to me, he was clearly trying to get a rise and snickering with his friends.

So I just ignored it for about ten minutes until they got off, however it took just about every nerve in me to keep from punching him in the face and even now my hands shaking as I type.

Was I smart to avoid a fight? I really wish I had done something but it seemed stupid to give this guy satisfaction and get in trouble.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by GiantRaven
Its always smart to avoid a fight

Not only that, it takes a MAN to walk away from a fight. Good on you for being a real man.
shoulda lipped him back, stoners aren't very smart...get a rise out of him, if he throws the first punch then kick the **** out of him, self defense there champ.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Quote by zeppelinpage4
However one of em' starts banging on the windows as hard as he can and then starts to bad mouth me and make fun the of the fact that I have an amp and just about anything else

Sounds like it wasn't worth fighting... he'll probably get into a fight with a mirror eventually...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I don't even know where to start with this. I'm pretty much shaking in anger and frustration.

It started today when my friend played a gig and borrowed my amp in school. All of that went great and it was a good day at the end he said I could take the amp home and so I thought why not.

On the bus none of the regular people I ride with were on and usually the upper class students get the back seats such as myself and it goes down by grade. Anways i'm the only one there except for another friend infront of me and so we're just standing and talking. Then these pot heads (no stereotype they were just pricks who happened to smoke dope cause it was "cool.) Get on and take the back seats like they own the place I don't care.

However one of em' starts banging on the windows as hard as he can and then starts to bad mouth me and make fun the of the fact that I have an amp and just about anything else. This pissed me off ALOT however after such a good day why let it get to me, he was clearly trying to get a rise and snickering with his friends.

So I just ignored it for about ten minutes until they got off, however it took just about every nerve in me to keep from punching him in the face and even now my hands shaking as I type.

Was I smart to avoid a fight? I really wish I had done something but it seemed stupid to give this guy satisfaction and get in trouble.

Your bus has a social hierarchy? Why do you not just sit where you want?

But yes you did the right thing. I wouldn't have fought, good that you didn't stoop to t heir level, it makes you as bad as them.
Fights are for...

...chumps?

Well, anyone that wants a fight wants attention, so tell them to bigger off.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by schmyler_taly
That's probably the most avoidable fight I've ever heard of, so good for you.

+1
Quote by GiantRaven
Its always smart to avoid a fight

+1
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
yes you were smart you could have fought all of the guys and they could have broken your amp or something else
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by Vedder
shoulda lipped him back, stoners aren't very smart...get a rise out of him, if he throws the first punch then kick the **** out of him, self defense there champ.

2 thumbs up for taking it like a grown man. Imagine what would happen if you fell for it and got violent.. You may wish you had done something to him now, but the truth is you'd wish otherwise if you got up and konk him in the face.
dude you should have beat the **** out of him, thats what i would have done
Quote by NSixx136
dude you should have beat the **** out of him, thats what i would have done

Please explain how that is in any way the right thing to do
Quote by freedoms_stain
You were outnumbered, they woulda kicked your arse and stolen/trashed your amp.

So yeah, good call.

where does he say that?
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Just sitting there was a bad move, imo. I mean, you're obviously TRYING to ignore them, and the fact that you were struggling to would've made it funnier to them. A better move would've been to not say anything for the first minute or so, think of something clever to say to tell him off, and shut him up.
You did the right thing, but i would have just made him look stupid...i dunno...i have a way wkith words and can usually make anyone look at things my way.... or i would just bring my guitar AND amp to school and when on the bus again, just be like "this is why i brought my amp BITCH" and SHRED THEIR NUTSACKS OFFFFF
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
It'd be stupid to get into a fight while you have your amp. That's like asking em to kick it in.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by str84ever
Your bus has a social hierarchy? Why do you not just sit where you want?

But yes you did the right thing. I wouldn't have fought, good that you didn't stoop to t heir level, it makes you as bad as them.

I wouldn't call it a hierarchy, it's just sort of an assumed thing all the 9th graders sit together towards the front and it just goes up. Even so i've never followed it or made made anyone sit somewhere, that's why when they went straight back I didn't care one bit since I always take the same seat every time and mind my own business.

However the way they started acting was repulsive.

Thanks for all the feedback though, i'm not second guessing my decision now.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

They probably deserved to be punched, but you still did the right thing.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Vedder

Some of the smartest people I know are stoners, please don't stereotype.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by zeppelinpage4

I hate to break it to you, but you probly did if he ****ed w/ u and got off free. If it was on the bus i really dont know wtf people are talking about when they say they couldve ****ed up your amp... I mean unless you like handed the damn thing to him. I believe in respecting everyone unless theres a good reason not to, but if someone ****s with you... In my opinion if anyone seriously purposely messes with you to get a cheap laugh with his friends or whatever to make himself look cool, nothings better than kicking his ass in front of all of them.

/2 cents though
Quote by gu1t4rh3r0
One of my friends said to the principle once,
"NO! The voices tell me not to talk to you!" *Runs away on all fours*
The principle eventually caught up to him and gave him a drug test.
yea, I believe every bus in the US does that, when I went to school, the older kids sat in the back, and the younger kids sat in the front.it's not really enforced by anyone, but it makes sense. you fit in better with kids your own age, and the younger, more likely to cause trouble, kids are up front by the bus driver more easily supervised.
Quote by Pyrest
you obvoiusly dont know very smart people then do you?

Or you just know the very stupid ones, being a stoner neither makes you smart nor stupid. It varies from person to person just like anything else does.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
lol why would you fight bc of that?? see, these people probably knew nothing about you, and were just saying things that probably made no real sense, or things that dont really pertain to you. also, its probably their habit to try and knock on peolpe, but who are they to make fun of someone?? if anything, they should be made off by trying to generalize someone and make fun of them w/o even knowing them. i think the problem lies in no whether or not to get in a fight, but whether or not to even get angry. you basically make youreself angry when people are trying to make fun of you. if anything, i woulda felt sorry for them, because they depend on pointless hasty generalizations to make themselves feel good or to gain self esteem. next time, try and analyze the situation differently: instead of infereing that they are assholes who should get beaten up, maybe infer something like they should really try other ways to get their self esteem up, theyre only hurting themselves. works for me :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
^ Makes a lot of sense very good view point and your right. One of those guys who i've seen a few times gets treated lbadly by the rest of em I think. He once came on with staples in his leg and said his "friends" did it.

Quote by The4thHorsemen
yea, I believe every bus in the US does that, when I went to school, the older kids sat in the back, and the younger kids sat in the front.it's not really enforced by anyone, but it makes sense. you fit in better with kids your own age, and the younger, more likely to cause trouble, kids are up front by the bus driver more easily supervised.

These guys were also a year under me I think. No respect...

BTW I was infact out numbered there were four of them. The guy was a douchebag but
I probably wouldn't have one the fight if I started something.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 15, 2008,
I remember once I was standing near the door of the bus when some stupid kid starts giving me lip for some stupid reason. Obviously I ignored him, he was smaller but with his friends; it didn't bother me much anyways. When he got up to get off the bus, he came up to me, staring me down the whole way, and as he got up to me he turned to go through the door, so I tripped him, he fell down the step and rolled out of the bus, and the bus driver closed the door and drove off.

Poetic, almost.
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Or you just know the very stupid ones, being a stoner neither makes you smart nor stupid. It varies from person to person just like anything else does.

but doesnt doing drugs kill off all your brain cells O_o
and its bad for you
and its addictive.
I could go on for a whole list of reasons not to do drugs. All whilst smoking a cigarette.
Quote by Pyrest
and its bad for you
and its addictive.
I could go on for a whole list of reasons not to do drugs. All whilst smoking a cigarette.

Please do not start that debate in this thread.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
If there was a fight, you had an amp.

Amp + swinging around = alot of owning
Quote by Pyrest
and its bad for you
and its addictive.

I'm not even going to begin pointing out everything that is wrong with your post, I would like to have time left to actually live out my life.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
If you think that was bad...you are a total pussy. No offence.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by tylerishot
I remember once I was standing near the door of the bus when some stupid kid starts giving me lip for some stupid reason. Obviously I ignored him, he was smaller but with his friends; it didn't bother me much anyways. When he got up to get off the bus, he came up to me, staring me down the whole way, and as he got up to me he turned to go through the door, so I tripped him, he fell down the step and rolled out of the bus, and the bus driver closed the door and drove off.

Poetic, almost.

If that's true, off course.

And you did the right thing, believe me.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Page 1 of 2