When tuning an electric guitar with a digital tuner do you plug the guitar into the amp on the clean channel and pluck or do you not plug it into the amp?
Plug it directly into the tuner.
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
you plug into the tuner.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
my tuner doesnt have to be plugged in...but i usually set it on clean....or unplugged....
but my tuner broke recently...so ive been having to tune by ear latley
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
you plug into the tuner.

Yes. I have a question for the TS, how long have you been playing, cause almost every guitarist knows how to do that except for newbies.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
OMG someone shoot me, yep you see my first guitar was an acoustic, my second was a really bad electric it sounded in tune so I never really had to tune it. So if I were to use my above methods would I never get the guitar into tune?
jeez, sorry, didnt know.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TERU
I actually feel very stupid now

dont feel stupid
everyone has to learn somehow
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant