Does anyone here have any actual experience with guitars made by Fernandes or Burny? Id preferably like to know about guitars made recently, however, if you have info on any year of them i'd like to know.

the main question is just how good a quality instrument are they in the experience of people who have used them? Ive been looking at Burny lp's and would like to know how the quality (as in build quality and reliability) has been on models in comparison to say a recent american strat or esp (one of the inspected in us ones)

thanks for any help
I theres a user here, fatgraymatt, that has two Burny Les Pauls, and hes very happy with them. Message him about it or something if you dont get what you want out of this thread.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Fernandes is actually not that bad, I think it was really good, I only tried one, but I played it for hours ;D

So, Fernandes over Burny any day.
i haven't played burnys or fernandeses, but by all accounts the old japanese ones are really nice. My guess is, like tokai, you want to make sure it's MIJ- not all the newer ones are.

EDIT: http://www.guitarsjapan.com/about.html not sure about the accuracy/validity of all of this (meaning not that i don't trust him, just I don't know, so can't corroborate it), but worth a read nonetheless.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CobenBlack
dave_mc - very helpful dude, nice one

Oh that's just dave, always helping others, a nice fellow

I haven't played any burnies before, But I did play a fernandes once. I had so much fun with the sustainer
My m8's main stage guitar is a Fernandes Ravelle and it's pretty sweet. Not quite my kind of guitar, but it's still wicked
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Being in the UK, get yourself down to Hanley (which is a town next to Stoke which is actually Stoke's city centre. . confusing) they have a guitar shop called "Kay's music" or "Kay's guitars" or something, they have quite a few Fernandes guitars. Try 'em yourself.
Was tempted to buy one earlier.
Quote by CobenBlack
dave_mc - very helpful dude, nice one

Quote by sum_ugly_man
Oh that's just dave, always helping others, a nice fellow

thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have just bought a second hand Burny LP. I prevouisly had a Epiphone LP and the difference in quality is amazing! Also after playing my friends Gibson LP I would the quality is very similar. Mine is about 3years old and is still on the www.Fernandes.jp.com/burny. It the one that looks like the orginial Joe Perry signature LP. Trans black with a white pickguard.

The VH1 pickups give amazin tones. I play a bit of rock and metal. From Guns n Roses to REM. This guitar is perfect.

My Friend I bought it from has now bought an Edwards LP which is similar again but he won't let anyone near that though so I can't comment on that.

If your looking at getting a Burny then I would say you won't be dissappointed with the quality. If you check out my profile if you want to see a picture of mine.
ask billie joe armstrong (green day) xD he's been playing live and stuff for 16 years with a fernandes strat copy
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I absolutely love my Fernandes Vortex Elite. It's amazingly well built, and has a great metal sound. And the Fernandes Sustainer is ridiculous. Literally infinite sustain. :P
But yeah, Fernandes guitars are great.
My Guitars:
Jackson King V
Jackson RR
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5fr
Halo Helfire
B.C. Rich NT Beast
doesnt fernandes own burny, anyway ive actually started playing a couple montery guitars from fernandes its there LP copy and the 2 i have came stock with a duncan jb/59 combo and i actually prefer to use them to my Gibson LP, the neck access is way better, the tone is superb, ive never played a burny LP, i have played a burny explorer copy and it was damn close sounding to a 78 explorer my uncle has, really good quality from both companies from my expieriance
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210