I picked up a Gibson Les Paul BFG (black) yesterday and I love it. I figured it was a piece of crap joke by the looks of it, but after plugging it in I couldn't put it down. The P90 in the neck position is incredible and the burstbucker 3 sounds great. For the money it's an incredible tone machine.

Sorry, no question...just wanted to post this in case anyone was curious about them.
Sounds nice, I've got a neck P90, and it's tonal secks.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
ya i like those too do what kind of neck do they have? mahogany or maple? and is the neck a satin finish too?
gibson lauched a 'studio' version of this guitar as part of their guitar of the week.

bascially, it's for the people who dont like the look of there guitar being thrown across a car park 323,134,667,345,325,435 times.

i played one at a guitar show in november, and indeed, they are incredible.

no one would really know if you'd dropped it or anything.
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
Sweeeeeeet. I always wanted a Gibson Les Paul but could never afford one. Glad to know the BFG plays as sick as it looks.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
i was always planning on getting one, but decided against it. I prefer the studio version, as I'm not a fan of the finish on the standard BFG but also the killswitch and pickup selector switch should be switched!!!
Quote by minibrowny
i was always planning on getting one, but decided against it. I prefer the studio version, as I'm not a fan of the finish on the standard BFG but also the killswitch and pickup selector switch should be switched!!!

your bored

closed minded if i feel unkind
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I too liked the BFG when I played one, but I much prefer a Burstbucker Pro to a Burstbucker 3.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM