Hey, I need help finding a good guitar. I really want a good metal guitar for stuff like Guns n' Roses, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, and everything in between. I'm willing to spend $500 -$700, but if it's a great guitar for $450 or $775, please post. I'm looking at a couple Schecters and maybe an Ibanez rg. Like Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, Shecter 006 Blackjack or maybe Ibanez RG1570 but probably not the ibanez.

Right now I have an Ibanez RG120 and a BC Rich Warlock, both not very good metal guitars, and a Vox Ad50 vt. I don't want a 12 or 7 string, only 6, preferably 24 frets, and solid body. I'd like a whammy but don't need it. I want good Over Drive, heavy distortion, and a deep clean would be nice . Well I'm not a pro at guitar specs, or mastered guitar yet, that's why I'm asking you. And if this any of these don't make sense, it's probably because I don't know to much.

So, any suggestions would be helpful. I really need help because I suck at choosing so please help me out. Thanks
shecter blackjack!!!
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
Dude I have the Schecter Hellraiser, it's totally awesome! It's really comfertable to play and sounds awesome also if you wanted a whammy bar you gett he FR version of it ^_^
Hellraiser FR by far for the metal guitar use

Look at an S-series Ibanez as well (not sure of the American pricing though)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
With $700 take a look at Some Dean's (non-sig). They are pretty good in that price range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Pooinsky
Dude I have the Schecter Hellraiser, it's totally awesome! It's really comfertable to play and sounds awesome also if you wanted a whammy bar you gett he FR version of it ^_^

+1337
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Johnthewrench
Warlocks aren't good for metal?
Look at one of these:
http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_nj_deluxe.html
Maybe?

yea well i have a really crappy warlock and im not planning to get another for a couple reasons but mainly becuase although they look cool, their freakin huge! also the shape like drills into my stomach when i sit down with it.
Get a new amp. Amplifiers count for at least 70% of your tone. In that Price range you might be able to nail a used Marshall JCM900 combo or a used 5150, or even a used Single Recto. They will sound a lot better than your Vox, especially if you are playing metal.