I am a huge rage fan and I had a poster put up in my room with the cover of their self titled album. I looked it up on wikipedia and it said that it was a REAL PICTURE. I was like holy sh*t thats messed up. But I researched it further and I can see why a band like RATM would use that for an album but some of my friends still say its just plane wrong. Do you think this picture is controversial???
How does a 1 tone color picture thats hard to make out clearly at a 50x50 pixel size controversy...

Go away?
don't worry, it's only a Buddhist Monk burning himself to death. No biggie
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Steve The Plank
I looked up the picture in full size. Isn't it that burning monk dude, who burned himself in protest, without wincing or screaming in horrible agony?

dont make it sound badass, it's quite a normal thing to do.
Quote by hazzmatazz
No, it states what Rage are about...

Burning themselves?!

Burning helpless monks?!
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Burning themselves?!

Burning helpless monks?!

No, protest man...
I know it defines what rage is about. but still using a real picture of a man deliberately burning himself to death as an ALBUM cover... i mean jeez.

no disrespect to rage or anything still my favorite band ever
thats kick ass. imagine the pain that dude was going through and he didnt even flinch
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Yeah he was protesting the Vietnam War.

His name was Thich Quang Duc and he was protesting against South Vietnam's treatment of Buddhists
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Yeah he was protesting the Vietnam War.

no he wasn't he was protesting against the Vietnamese treatment of Buddhists and their religion

EDIT-

^
Never mind, beaten to it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by VR 07
thats kick ass. imagine the pain that dude was going through and he didnt even flinch

actually according to Buddhism once you reach enlightenment you don't even feel pain.