This might seem like a really nooby question but i've only just thought about it, is a head going into one 4 12" speaker cab going to be quieter than going into 2 cabs, or will it be the same because its the same amount of watts?
POST FINDER
I'm not an expert or anything ( I just have a combo) but I believe that it will be louder, because more sound is pushed through the extra set of speakers. Not a huge difference I don't think though...
Quote by mattreid222
This might seem like a really nooby question but i've only just thought about it, is a head going into one 4 12" speaker cab going to be quieter than going into 2 cabs, or will it be the same because its the same amount of watts?

it will be the same volume, just more spreadage. Is spreadage even a word?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
it will be the same volume, just more spreadage. Is spreadage even a word?

It is when it comes to sex...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude

+1
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by FLCLcowdude

+2 lol

but back on topic. i think a full stack IS louder than a half stack. it may not be technically but there is more air being pushed so more of the sound gets to the listeners ear better than a half stack.

besides wouldnt you be so psyched from the sight of a full stack that you THINK your hearing it louder lol?
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!