Page 1 of 2
Our school is has a yearly BotB and this year our band is going to be on the roster. Any tips for getting ready or playing one?
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
No matter what song you play try and put energy into it. Don't stand there looking bored, and don't go overboard and bounce around the guys in Flyleaf do sometimes. They look really out of time and awkward.
Bring weapons....and battle.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
learn something and learn it well.
have all your equipment ready and make sure it all works.
nothing's worse than gettin up there and your amp doesn't work... i've had that happen.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
you and the rival guitarist lean the head cuttin duel from Crossroads. That would be a good way to settle it

PSN ID: ArranP
run around while u play guitar. that always gets the crowd pumped. and if you can, do a stage dive just for the heck of it . Maybe play with ur tongue during the solo.
Dont let them get through your Phalanx...

Or itll be a Phailanx

bad pun

Just try and play accurate and look like your having fun
do not under any circumstances let them breach the front lines.....then are archers will be defenseless
At the sound check, have people tell you when the drums/guitar/bass/vocals are even.

Then turn up the guitar and bass more.

We totally got screwed at ours. This Zach kid (who was also performing) told us we were good. We play, no one could hear myself or the bassist. I was pissed.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
do not under any circumstances let them breach the front lines.....then are archers will be defenseless

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Look,Rommel is one smart SOB.He'll try sending his King Tigers first,that's a given.

You'll want to reinforce your left flank with the 51st.....
Battle Axes... use them.

Broadswords aren't nearly as good as battle axes.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
two words: stage presence.
don't be nervous. act professional. avoid playing covers unless you have one that always gets the audience's attention. make sure your singer is really good (I judged at my school's BotB and singing was 50% of the points). it also helps if he's good looking. be popular (unless you actually have professional judges, I'm sorry to say that BotB tends to turn into a popularity contest).
Always have a secret battalion of archers from a higher elevation should anything happens.

Oh, and katanas>all swords.
Triple-check everything: amps, guitars, strings, tuning, cables, pedals.

Make sure you have easy access to enough power sockets.

Practice your set relentlessly, making sure you've got it perfect - if there's a small bit that you haven't mastered in a song, go over it until you've got it.

Practice how you're going to go on stage, what you're going to say/do between songs.

There are many threads about this; search around.
Quote by apmaman
you and the rival guitarist lean the head cuttin duel from Crossroads. That would be a good way to settle it

that movie was bad and the solos sucked
Right now were plannin on pulling off Hangar 18, a Metallica cover, and 2 or 3 originals. I got a sweet wireless system and a talkbox, any suggestions on incorporating them into the show?
edit: FYI, I play lead, and can pull off pretty much anything.
edit: edit: I've already got another post, but heres a good place too... WE NEED A SINGER....BAD!!! Otherwise we're royally ****ed... any one in Michigan?
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
Last edited by MetalliKH-602 at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by MetalliKH-602
Right now were plannin on pulling off Hangar 18, a Metallica cover, and 2 or 3 originals. I got a sweet wireless system and a talkbox, any suggestions on incorporating them into the show?
edit: edit: I've already got another post, but heres a good place too... WE NEED A SINGER....BAD!!! Otherwise we're royally ****ed... any one in Michigan?

Daft Punk if you have a talk box.

That ****s cool.

Quote by MetalliKH-602

The last 14-year-old that could do pretty much anything on their instrument was Mozart. Unless you're a guitar-version reincarnation of the Great One, you may require a flameshield.
Quote by blue_strat
The last 14-year-old that could do pretty much anything on their instrument was Mozart. Unless you're a guitar-version reincarnation of the Great One, you may require a flameshield.

By anything I meant, anything my band wants me to play
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
I think what a lot of bands lack is authenticity if you see what I mean
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by GuitarHero87645
Play Jordan by Buckethead, the GH version, you'll automatically win.

If i had a killswitch, i probably could. but I dont have one.
edit: theres been rumors goin around that a bands playing through the fire and flames, which is probably BS. If not, they better suck at it or we're screwed
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
Quote by MetalliKH-602
If i had a killswitch, i probably could. but I dont have one.
edit: theres been rumors goin around that a bands playing through the fire and flames, which is probably BS. If not, they better suck at it or we're screwed

You know what this means...

Mario Underground theme... Its the only way

Hey peoples. I just talked with my drummer, and he might sing for us.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
Page 1 of 2