ok so....my life so far has been alright- except i dont go out an awful lot, im not one of those people who goes up town every saturday.

and recently ive been to one or two parties, and met new people, and now they like want to hang around more and stuff- e.g in town.

i guess what im trying to say is i kind of have a fear of "town" lol, im just scared im not good enough for the new group of people, and ill be kind of nervous.

any advice?
If you are nervous, people know and wont like you.

At least act ****ing cool. Head up. Speak up and grow a pair!
Youll be fine
Quote by ultimo101
If you are nervous, people know and wont like you.

At least act ****ing cool. Head up. Speak up and grow a pair!
Youll be fine

Do this. Just be yourself and force yourself to be confident, even if you're not. If it's the fact that you're worried they wont like you, and they still don't when you're confident, then they just wont like you. Their loss.
Quote by chiliman91
ok so....my life so far has been alright- except i dont go out an awful lot, im not one of those people who goes up town every saturday.

and recently ive been to one or two parties, and met new people, and now they like want to hang around more and stuff- e.g in town.

i guess what im trying to say is i kind of have a fear of "town" lol, im just scared im not good enough for the new group of people, and ill be kind of nervous.

any advice?

Believe it or not most people are understanding about this because they have or do experience this in one way or another. Go for it, man!

People who aren't tend to be nobbers.
Quote by chiliman91
im just scared im not good enough for the new group of people, and ill be kind of nervous.

In a social situation, everything about you before the conversation doesn't matter. If you relax, and you chat and joke about stuff, they won't care about how you might be when you aren't with them. You're with a new group of people - you can reinvent yourself, and they won't know the difference.
Build a fire, everyone loves fire.

Seriously we got loads of friends doing this at Leeds = ]
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Best bet is really to just ask people if you can hang out with them. Anyone worth hanging around with will make an effort to involve you in their plans.
Quote by akaDan
Do this. Just be yourself and force yourself to be confident, even if you're not. If it's the fact that you're worried they wont like you, and they still don't when you're confident, then they just wont like you. Their loss.

A good point; force yourself to act confident even though inside you might not be. In the end, it's what you appear to people that matters.

Quote by freshtunes
**** man, I'd kill to be invited to chill with people.

That somehow struck me as damn funny. Sorry
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
ok so this girl wants me to meet her and her "group" tomorrow...im kinda scared ? lol
Quote by chiliman91
ok so this girl wants me to meet her and her "group" tomorrow...im kinda scared ? lol

F*cking hell, mate.

Go for it!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by Jackolas
Believe it or not most people are understanding about this because they have or do experience this in one way or another. Go for it, man!

People who aren't tend to be nobbers.

Yeah I totally agree. (And I learnt a new word )

Although I guess it would still be better for your image and self-esteem if you didn't come across as too clueless either
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.