I was thinking of purchasing a Vox AC30CCH Head. I'm going to need a Cab, and something for Distortion/Overdrive because I've read that the AC30 doesn't have it. We play heavier Garage rock/Indie rock. And most of my personal guitar heroes play wit a AC30 or have at one time *cough*Brian May*cough*. So basically. Yeah, what should I get with my AC30 for the best tone or am I making a complete mistake alltogether? Price range is $2000 minus the head new so about $1000.
The Proco Rat and AC30 are a match made in Heaven.

Also, Brian uses a treble boost, so you might wanna keep that in mind too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
find a cab that has celestion blues in.

edit:
damn got beaten to it
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by The Real Ming
Seems to me that, if you didn't know about overdriving this amp, you need to look a little more into it. Your guitar gods may have played this, but you need to make sure that YOU like it. So travel to your local Vox dealer and try one out.

No, No, I did know about the lack of overdrive before reading it. I just didn't know about te COMPLETE lack of it if you catch my drift. I am going to Guitar Center and Dave Phillips this Sunday to check these out. The only reason I even read about them was they were recommended to me by the teacher in our school Jazz band. Thanks for the help everyone.
I'm not sure that I catch your drift, but AC30s have quite a bit of gain when you turn them up, especially if you are using a guitar with humbuckers.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Well i can get a pretty damn good Smells Like Teen Spirit out of my AC30...although it doesn't get grungy that easy...With a boost you should be very happy with it though...If i was you though i would look at a Traynor YCV50 Blue aswell, it's voiced similarly to the Vox and has more gain (and is WAY cheaper)
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90