Hey everyone

I've recently started busking (street performing) and its going quite well. I play guitar and sing. I've decided to look into taking my amp with me so that people can hear me better (ergo more cash, i hope!). Obvious problem? How do i POWER said amp. Hoping perhaps some more experianced performs could advise me?
get a Roland MicroCube or other battery powered amp?

I see a guy on a start I walk down every day playing some nice jazz licks through a little Gorilla amp when the weather is nice

otherwise....ask a local shop or something if you can run an extension cable?
or bring a generator? car battery and inverter?
Quote by mr_hankey
Tesla coils?

unsurprisingly, mr tesla worked on them for wireless energy transfer.....so maybe
Quote by jimmy666page666
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100403949

There ya go.

But srssly, i would get a extention cord and find an outdoor outlet if poosible. Or just find a shop that will let you "plug in".

You could run a welder with that thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...uctId=100403949

There ya go.

lol well i do get the BUS in to glasgow to busk so... dont think i can carry that in plus its a bit out of my price range!

As for the gurilla pignose P7-100 , is it value for money? I do own the Marshal MS4, but its deffinatly a novelty iteam. Dose the pignose have the chops do you think?

Also looking at the roland microcube (would like the street cube but at £190 she be out of my price range )
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
not sure bout that last one blair 30

LIKE YOUR ENERGY THOUGH! LOL KEEP THINKING!

you have no idea how much i'd LOVE that street cube

but you'd recomand the microcube over the pignose 7-100? (sorry to be so insessent with my NOOBing just i wont have the cash to fork out on another anything for a while!)
The Microcube is much more versatile with it's amp modeling and included effects. With the Pignose, you'd need pedals to get what you could already get out of the Microcube. Plus, for SS, it isn't a bad sounding amp. Plenty loud for it's size.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by blair30

Nuclear energy FTW

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
made my day lol
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Oh yeah the other thing i ment to ask about, i saw a guy (will ask if i see him again). Who had a mic clip that fitted onto the collor of his jacket, what do you call one of those? (i know, i SHOULD know that! but i dont :P )
Quote by led_graeme
Hey everyone

I've recently started busking (street performing) and its going quite well. I play guitar and sing. I've decided to look into taking my amp with me so that people can hear me better (ergo more cash, i hope!). Obvious problem? How do i POWER said amp. Hoping perhaps some more experianced performs could advise me?

1) Battery powered amp (your best bet, try the micro cube)
or
2) Huge expensive inverter with 12V car battery...
or
3) generator...
You dont need a huge expensive inverter. An amp under 30 watts wont pull to much power. Look on the back it will tell you the power draw in watts. One of the inverters from wall mart will work pretty decent. That and a marine deep cycle battery will run an amp for quite a while. I have solar panels and have used inverters quite a bit. I could run a tv and xbox for over a week without charging with the large batts I was using. So a 100 watt amp load will not kill a battery used for boat trolling motors to fast. I think wall mart sells a 700 watt inverter for less than a hundred bucks.
A decent, 140 watt power inverter will do just fine for most low wattage amps. A 30 watt amp usually draws 75-100 watts.

The new Rolan Street Cube might be what you're looking for.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by blair30

Nuclear energy FTW

For the best tone, nothing beats vintage gear:

hey, just to say thanks for everoyones input i'm now the proud owner of a minicube and it is THE ****!!!!!!!!!!