ell, birthday is looming up and I've found an epiphone g400 custom . Some of you may say " you've already got one" but, I'll be selling that one and I've got my eyes on the same model, but with a maestro tremolo. Its 400 and my birthday is in a decent while. Its limited edition so should I lend the money, or wait?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Its up to you. Do you like the g-400? As in do you like the feel and the tone of the guitar? If so then get it. .
i say wait, just in case you cant find anyone who doesnt want your g-400
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Why not go the pedal route or explore digital boxes? That would do more for you.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by Peter Hayes
Why not go the pedal route or explore digital boxes? That would do more for you.

HE already has a **** load of pedals
Quote by sum_ugly_man
HE already has a **** load of pedals

Oh yes -- sorry...
Stop showing off and play the music!
haha, I love the tone and feel, plays like a dream, and a friend has guarenteed a buy date, but I'm wondering if I would be better gettiung a lend of like, a few hundred and then paying my rents back, becauseit could go out of stock fast and then I'd not be able to get one.

Limited Edition...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Why don't you save up and buy a real guitar...
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
1) Are you really that set on selling your current guitar?

2) Do you really think the trem will be any use? If not, you might as well save the money and buy a regular G-400 Custom.

3) Overall, is it really going to be worth 400 to swap one guitar for the other of the (almost) exact same model? Is your current G-400 in much worse condition than the one you intend to buy?

These are the things you have to weigh up.

If it were me, I'd rather stick with the current G-400, and just buy a seperate, different guitar for variation.
Quote by fexnah
Why don't you save up and buy a real guitar...

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you comparing it to Gibson SGs or something? Well let me tell you something, the g-400 is just as good as the standard SGs, except its only half the price of the Gibson. Its a great guitar.

Ts you might wanna explore other guitars, because it takes some time to find "THE" guitar, that feels just like a part of your hands
no its not. the g400 has a completely differnet feel than a gibson sg standard. to me, the epiphone played like garbage and the gibson was nice. you people are all idiots who think that epiphones are gibsons at half price
What amp are you playing out of... And also, Maestro tremolos suck. My Sg used to have one and all I had to do was touch it and it went out of tune... thats why i'm switching to stop tailpiece. But seriously what amp u playin from.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe...

And a helluva lot fo pedals.

I already own a G400, which is still in good condition, btu I'd rather have the maestro. I've played one with the maestro and loved it, but should I just wait or get a lend of the money? I'm not looking for other guitars or cheap-ass posts about how crappy Epiphones are compared to Gibsons...I'm 14. Did you have a Gibson when you were 14?

Thanks to everyone who contributed ot the original and still standing question...
Quote by Sonicxlover

I bought a Gibson when i was 13. My friend bought one when he was 13. B.c we saved up our hard earned cash and paid for the better deal. If you want a trem so bad get a strat, they are much nicer guitars... Epi Sgs just can't compare to the real deal (cept maybe better than the specials) I would recommend saving for a Stratocaster or an SG junior.
I have a Squier Strat and a Fender Jaguar. Can't you read?
Quote by Sonicxlover

I'd go for it - I was wanting to get one of those for ages but then they got discontinued... Bugger.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by s.r.v.
no its not. the g400 has a completely differnet feel than a gibson sg standard. to me, the epiphone played like garbage and the gibson was nice. you people are all idiots who think that epiphones are gibsons at half price

I own both a Gibson and an Epiphone, and I'd say the Epiphone is almost as good to play as the Gibson, and I like the sound of it better. The sound thing might be because the Gibson has mini-humbuckers, which I'm not too fond of, but the feel is pretty identical.
Well than why do you need to buy another guitar anyways? I reccomend spending your cash now on recording equipment.
My bassist has that covered...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by s.r.v.

s.r.v. I know you have experience with gear and know your ****. But what you jsut said in that post was bull crap. I played the epi and the gibson standard for a very long time. Just cmparing them, because I'm planning on getting an g-400 myself. And the epiphone played really good. The gibson wasn't **** either, but I've played better guitars.

Not to say that all epiphones are gibsons at half the price, There are some kick ass gibsons out there, and some really **** ones. Same with epiphone.