Why would you want two volumes?

Oh, a treble / rhythm switch type of thing like on a LP. You could have a vol / vol / tone / tone by adding another pot, and getting a switch.
Quote by BGSM

Oh, a treble / rhythm switch type of thing like on a LP. You could have a vol / vol / tone / tone by adding another pot, and getting a switch.

What about stacked knobs?
Quote by BGSM

well firstly, i wen't to get it fixed and the guy aty the store gave me 2 vol pots istead of a vol and a tone and i reckon teh switch is dead anyway, so i figured that would be teh best thing to do
There are no special pots for volume or tone. Its all in how they are wired.
well something happened so now i just got 1 vol anyway.

and also for skweezmylemon (wtf) i'm now thinking stacked knobs with sort of a les paul setup

also who knows where i could get some stacked knobs?
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker
There are no special pots for volume or tone. Its all in how they are wired.

Sorry to be a tool, but you would want Linear pots for Tone, and Logorythmic pots for Volume. But you're right, it's all in the wiring, it only makes a small difference if you use a A or B pot.
Well, I know Danelectro uses stacked pots on their guitars......order some from DanGuitars.com, maybe?

I dunno....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
FOUND EM!

they're at www.danguitars.com and they're in the parts section

STACKED CONCENTRIC POT

1meg/100K with nut and washer

$12.00 / item: EP-4868

USA shipping: Priority Mail - $4.60 / First class - $2.00 (same for two)

International shipping: $6.50 (same for two)

Canada & Worldwide insurance: Contact us for rate.

When ordering multiple items, please contact us for a reduced shipping rate.
1meg? That's not what you want. That will give you a VERY bright tone.
http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_potentiometers
You can get a 500k one at the website above, but if you can find a 250k concentric pot somewhere that would be best.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by BGSM
Sorry to be a tool, but you would want Linear pots for Tone, and Logorythmic pots for Volume. But you're right, it's all in the wiring, it only makes a small difference if you use a A or B pot.

Logorythmic... huh? You use Linear on the Volume too afaik. At least thats what my volume controls all are.