hey guys.
my friend has this ancient talk box, i think its electro-harmonix, and he's missing the tube. i went to my local shops and guitar center looking for a new tube, all of them said they "no longer carry it." i cant find it anywhere. my question is, could i use a small flexible tube (such as pex tubing) to replace it or would i have to buy a special tube off the internet? thanks
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
I think they just use regular rubber tubing. Make sure it's the right diameter and it should just plug right into the box. Experimenting with different hardnesses of rubber should allow you to influence the sound as well.
I've only actually seen a couple, but i think any vinyl tubing would work. Electro-harmonix makes the "gold throat," is that what it is?
Apparently they use surgical tubing...or at least mine does anyway
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay