So, i have a squier strat that's totally stock, and I'm thinking about customizing it in the summer, INcluding doing these things

-replace the pickups with SD's (2 hot rails, 1 JB)

Buy a new neck (old neck is warped and I don't wanna get it adjusted AGAIN)

possibly re-do the finish (red metallic is cheesy-looking).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Great. Now do it.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
uhhh... thanks? :/
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I think it'd be better to get a new guitar. What you're asking for is worth loads more than your guitar.
^But then he can be glad what he did with it, and make it worth something to him. =]
I got some good guitars, yo.
My humble option, go for it. The neck on mine was actually quite nice, so I made a maple body and loaded it with 3 humbuckers... Albeit it had one and only one to start with... gotta love the bullet design.... simple. Will it make you happy to do it? Go for it if so
i might not tho... parents just bought me an epi lp and they're not too keen on spending ~600 bucks on me in a short period of time.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden