I want to use my ibanez without the floyd because its crap and want to block of the trem and just use it open. Should i change the nut, because the tuning stability is still pretty crap as it is.
Just leave the nut unlocked when you play. I mean, if you really wanted to you could get a roller nut or something like that, but I don't know if that would really affect your tuning stability. I would invest in some better tuners, and get a tremol-no.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
It's not that easy to change the nut. Block the trem, tune the guitar, lock the nut, done. I have been playing Ibanez for years and never a tuning problem. You might need to get the guitar setup.
Quote by Dog454
Just leave the nut unlocked when you play. I mean, if you really wanted to you could get a roller nut or something like that, but I don't know if that would really affect your tuning stability. I would invest in some better tuners, and get a tremol-no.

dude how is the tuning with your s series? i may just sell mine and buy that
Quote by jake911
What kind of rg you have?

i dont have an rg

the trem is a 1996 trs 1. awful
ive noticed my rg has been going out of tune often lately. it used to be good. any explanations?
Quote by no_thing101
ive noticed my rg has been going out of tune often lately. it used to be good. any explanations?

Bad factory setup? Needs lubing?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?