hey, I am doing a class performance on guitar, and was wondering whether anyone had suggestions on what to play.
I was thinking along the lines of Hot for Teacher, or somthing else most people would know.
any imput would be great.
ive been playing since i was 4, im a sophmore in high school now. I wouldnt say im a pro. but im better than pretty much everyone at my school and in my area. so no not suck, but learning yes. Any suggestions?
im not really one for ac/dc but everyone knows their songs and angus young is an amazing guitarist
Do something that you can sing aswell. That way, if it doesn't appeal to people through the guitar, it will through words.
I'd do some sort of twelve bar blues, like Johnny B. Goode, or almost any Chuck Berry.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Better something that you can play effortlessly, like with little concentration, than something you'll be so focused on technically that there'll be no energy in it. Plus, playing in front of your peers will instantly rob you of 30 to 40 percent of you talent and preparation. At least in my experience. Also, maybe Hot for Teacher isn't the best with no band there backing you. But it's up to you.
Quote by mellowyellow729
ive been playing since i was 4, im a sophmore in high school now. I wouldnt say im a pro. but im better than pretty much everyone at my school and in my area. so no not suck, but learning yes. Any suggestions?

Something not- too hard but impressive sounding shred would be a good choice. Maybe Cliffs of Dover; Always with Me, Always With You; or For the Love of God. Or, can you sing? I'm assuming that you'll be playing without a band.
If you want something everyone would know, Good Riddance by Green Day is your only option.

I'm sorry.
The.
yea no band, i can sing its not my favorite thing to do though. I just want it to be somthing pretty impressive, but somthing everyone will still know, so crazy stuff liek racer x or vai or satch most people wont have a clue about
Quote by mellowyellow729
yea no band, i can sing its not my favorite thing to do though. I just want it to be somthing pretty impressive, but somthing everyone will still know, so crazy stuff liek racer x or vai or satch most people wont have a clue about

A lot of kids will know Cliffs of Dover from GHIII. A friend of mine posted a vid of him playing it on his facebook and he got at least 15 comments on how that was everybody's favorite song off Guitar Hero.
screenager by muse has a nice little classical type guitar in it that may impress people
All My Life - Foo Fighters.........

Easy as + Good song

That's what song I'll be playing anyways with my band at school too.
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
playing 'hot for teacher'.......for the teacher?

pink floyd acoustic (comfortably numb, wish you were here, somthng like that)would be pretty easy, soloing will get you some marks. also not too hard too sing along with chords.
not sure how difficult the piece has to be, but something pink floyd(electric or acoustic) would probably fit the bill nicely.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
im doing class performance as well, ive chosen to play Big Sur Moon by Buckethead, Trademark by Eric Johnson and Romance by 'some dude' i got it off GP4.

i'd suggest tender surrender by Steve vai maybe? u dont really need a bt for that.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte