So, basically I quit gaming to try to turn guitar into my life career, I've loved it through and through since I started. My teacher (when I had one) said I picked it up fast, and was a natural with music (if that makes sense o.o) I'm only 14, do you think this was a good choice? Opinions? Discuss?
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
not to be an ass but teachers are paid to say that kind of stuff

and my opinion is that you should do what you like which can be both gaming and guitar
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
Quote by johnrocco151991
not to be an ass but teachers are paid to say that kind of stuff

and my opinion is that you should do what you like which can be both gaming and guitar

Yea that makes sense, but I've burned way to much time on things like MMO's and ****.
8 hours of gaming< what 8 hours of guitar could do, In my opinion at least.

Edit: Im not ditching education just yet
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
...You... quit gaming?

And since you're 14, you have plenty of time to think things through and realize that you will need a real job. Sorry to burst your bubble. Most people don't become famous. Famous people are anomalies in civilization.

And
If you were honestly serious about this, you wouldn't need to ask the pit.

So how long have you been playing guitar? What styles/genres do you like/play?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
you are only 14. if you really commit your time to guitar, when you are 20 you are going to be the guy.
Good luck man. To make a career out of playing guitar is a hard thing to do, in about a year you will start to get this feeling of boredom with guitar. You will feel like you arn't getting better and start giving up. But after that passes, either you will come back to guitar with a renewed confidence or you will give it up forever
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by bendystraw
you are only 14. if you really commit your time to guitar, when you are 20 you are going to be the guy.

Yah exactly what I'm saying! I know I need a job and I have school to do, I realize that.
but if gaming is taken out of that picture, and replaced with hard practice....
Even if you do get really good, everything hinges on whether or not you actually get a good deal. I'm sure there are plenty of amazing guitarists out there but who aren't making much of a living from it because they haven't gotten an opportunity yet. Music isn't the most stable job. Although you could pursue a post-secondary education in music and go from there.
Quote by tymoo22
Yah exactly what I'm saying! I know I need a job and I have school to do, I realize that.
but if gaming is taken out of that picture, and replaced with hard practice....

Are you asking us if hard practice over several years will make you a better guitar player?

I'm a communist. Really.
Keep gaming if you want, you only 14 as long as you still practice guitar you can always get more "serious" with your music in a few years when your in at a better age to make career choices.
i only play games like once a month now for like... 4 hours tops

but yeah, teachers always say youre a fast learner, and playing guitar more would probably benefit youre playing a lot over time, but if you like gaming i wouldnt give it up man, just sorta work it out to make them even maybe ^_^
I breathe air.
Quote by Raziel2p
Are you asking us if hard practice over several years will make you a better guitar player?

good job Sherlock :p
I'm getting bored of gaming anyway, pc's cost too much to game with.
Saying I'll be famous in the future is unreal, but if I take things seriously and work hard, good things will happen.
For just a hobby? Great idea.

As for a career, I'd say it depends on the genre. Classical and Jazz have academic merits, but Rock, Metal, Pop, etc. aren't quite the same. If I were a musician of one of those genres, I don't think a career with decent pay is likely (but "decent" is a relative concept).

But, I really don't think there is anything right or wrong with quiting gaming.
Yeah mate, just go for it. Its the only way.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by tymoo22

good job Sherlock :p
I'm getting bored of gaming anyway, pc's cost too much to game with.
Saying I'll be famous in the future is unreal, but if I take things seriously and work hard, good things will happen.

The same can be said about school. Hell, there's e-sports, so the same can probably be said about games, too. With hard work, everything is possible. The question is, don't you think 14 is a bit young to commit yourself to things like this? I mean, hard work on getting better at the guitar is good, but I don't see why you should cut out gaming completely because of it. Just get some less time-consuming games (read: not World of Warcraft).
I'm a communist. Really.
It's like pro sports. A lot of people are really good at basketball. A lot of those people are naturals. About 1% actually make it to the league.

Don't give up your dream, but leave your options open.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Yah, if I spent 24/7 on guitar I would be one stressed person I think...
I wont cut it completely. Just cut out the games you cant casually play (I.e WoW)
Congrats anyone who had bets on me
Quote by its_alive
Go for it man. If you love it enough, everything will work out.

Pshh...

Your an idiot. Buy a Mac first.

heh stay on topic
Meh I did that when I started playing, but that's because video games aren't really my thing.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quitting video games isnt a bad thing. The last time i played a video game was about 2 weeks ago for 5 minutes, that's because I don't like games, or tv, but whatever. I used to play them a lot. I spent a lot of time on them, not playing them gives you time to study for school, play guitar, whatever. Playing guitar is a great hobby, I do it (and the drums and clarinet) all day everyday, when I'm not listening to music while surfing the put, but it doesn't mean I'm good.

My point is, playing nonstop doesn't make you good, and even if you are, being good wont make you famous, don't get your hopes up too high. And quitting video games is a good idea. But keep trying, don't give up, and prove me wrong, get famous.
hmm.

both.

I manage it.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world