I have a pretty good ear and I'm quite the stickler for in-tuneness. How can I get my guitar to have perfect intonation like the pro's have on there guitars? I try to set up my guitar to have perfect intonation and never get it completly right. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks.
earvana nut, buzz feiten tuning system, the weird twisted frets (ad is in back of guitar world).....easiest would probably be the earvana nut.

Perfect intonation for every fret etc is going to be somewhat impossible. You can do a close job yourself by matching the harmonic at the 12th and 24 frets with the fretted notes at those places using some kind of chromatic or strobe tuner.
Ibanez RGA 121 PAF Pro/Evolution 2
Blackheart Little Giant
EH Nano Metal Muff
Last edited by GOALIE at Feb 15, 2008,
download APtuner for your PC (google it, a whole lot more accurate than my little Korg thing as I dont have $200 for one of those Peterson strobe tuners) and then do the full guitar setup
Quote by seljer
download APtuner for your PC (google it, a whole lot more accurate than my little Korg thing as I dont have $200 for one of those Peterson strobe tuners) and then do the full guitar setup

+1000
this thing is such a good tuner
Quote by GOALIE
earvana nut, buzz feiten tuning system, the weird twisted frets (ad is in back of guitar world).....easiest would probably be the earvana nut.

Perfect intonation for every fret etc is going to be somewhat impossible. You can do a close job yourself by matching the harmonic at the 12th and 24 frets with the fretted notes at those places using some kind of chromatic or strobe tuner.

^
+1
The Earvana nut and Buzz Feiten (spelling?) systems are closer, but the most accurate are the True Temperament necks ( http://www.truetemperament.com/main.php?go=24&lan=1 ). Those are the squiggly/twisted frets Goalie was talking about.

Steve Vai's been known to use True Temperament necks.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."