ok i just got Ubuntu today. and i found that the only messenger i could use is Gaim (Pidgin) and i really dont like it...its too basic.... and i like aMsn but i downloaded it and it said something along the lines of it couldnt find the files (then said "make sure your not trying to open a binary)

so what i want from you is to either suggest another clone (that looks/acts close to how Windows Live Messenger does (lol only without the s*** of Microsoft )

or explain a detailed step by step process for downloading, installing and running aMsn

thanks in advance

i already posted on a ubuntu site....but i dont love them like i love you guys (and very few girls) (and metalclaw )
UG's HIPPIE
Open the console and try this:
sude apt-get install amsn

You can't just download stuff and expect it to be a setup exe file like you do in windows - your best option is to go through add/remove programs on your menu.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Open the console and try this:
sude apt-get install amsn

You can't just download stuff and expect it to be a setup exe file like you do in windows - your best option is to go through add/remove programs on your menu.

lol i said i've only been on Ubuntu for a bit... can you explain the first part more? whats the "console" exactly? and i guess i could check the add/remove while im waitin.
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
lol i said i've only been on Ubuntu for a bit... can you explain the first part more? whats the "console" exactly? and i guess i could check the add/remove while im waitin.

Er, well, it's on the menu on the top of your screen - under accessories, I think - it's called "Terminal". It's somewhat like the DOS Prompt in Windows.
I'm a communist. Really.
Get Kubuntu instead, and use Kopete. KDE > Gnome.

aMsn, however, runs fine for me.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation