Page 1 of 2
So, hot chick singers help out every band solely through sex appeal. Including the over-used "I'm here because I've got breasts bassist", I was hoping for a few responses on what people thought about it. (I got this from listening to DragonForce wasted and thinking, man, with a hot chick singer doing the same vocals, all the music would seem cool and not annoyingly boastful). I'm drunk right now too but not wasted

Personally I think, as a ma-male-man, its just too strong a pull for us to avoid. Would love to hear some opinions from b*tches too. Of course hoping that chiks would contribute some sex based mental fertility to this argument.

And if there was previous a thread about this, delete me, sue me, screw me. (I'm lonely )
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
I'd love to be in a band with a chick singing. Chick singers bring hot female fans. With no male frontman to focus their feramones on, they'd settle for the guitarist .
Hanna Montana. the style makes up for the vocal talent, right?
Last edited by bendystraw at Feb 15, 2008,
your right about the Dragonforce thing. I personally think that without a girl singer, some bands like Flyleaf, Paramore, Nightwish (i think, idr) wouldnt be as popular or popular at all.
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
Hayley ****ing Williams!

Yes, she's beautiful!

Simone Simmons too
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Tairrie B
Brody Dalle
Morgan Lander
Otep Shamaya

All absolutely amazing. I respect them for their talent. I imagine it helps that they tend to be gorgeous.

As well as vocalists, I can never fault a female bassist.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
obviously female singers add a certain level of sexuality to the music but that can add or detract from the overall effect of the band...in the end, great female singers are great due to their voices and not their bodies...

Cristina Scabbia has a beautiful and just happens to be possibly the hottest woman in all of metal...

Angela Gassow is good looking but her vocals really up her hotness in my opinion...

at the end of the day, female singers end up being so popular because they are still rather rare, one day they will be just as common as male singers and the novelty will wear off leaving only the truly talented will prevail (hopefully)
uh....Ginger Reyes? DUH
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Tairrie B
Brody Dalle
Morgan Lander
Otep Shamaya

All absolutely amazing. I respect them for their talent. I imagine it helps that they tend to be gorgeous.

As well as vocalists, I can never fault a female bassist.

But in earnest, cuz you sound like you have an extra chromosone , do you think they would of made it big(semi-big) with the same amount of talent but as men? Of course, some bands are supported by a great female fan-base, but even in the non-pop world I feel like male horniness is getting sub-par bands off the ground.

EDIT:
Quote by pfc_mike
obviously female singers add a certain level of sexuality to the music but that can add or detract from the overall effect of the band...in the end, great female singers are great due to their voices and not their bodies...

Cristina Scabbia has a beautiful and just happens to be possibly the hottest woman in all of metal...

Angela Gassow is good looking but her vocals really up her hotness in my opinion...

at the end of the day, female singers end up being so popular because they are still rather rare, one day they will be just as common as male singers and the novelty will wear off leaving only the truly talented will prevail (hopefully)
Hopefully, not likely cuz, face it men rule(I mean that in the saddest of ways)
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by bendystraw
Hanna Montana. the style makes up for the vocal talent, right?

yes it does, it DEFINATELY does

Amy Lee from Evanesence is freaking hot, the chikc from Nightwish is pretty hot as well.

However, the winner for me has to be Avril Lavigne because i think she'd be easy to get in bed and she would have to be pretty tight too.....well in my dreams she is, AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR OTHERWISE!
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Michelle Nolan. She's pretty, and an amazing singer.
I think that girl from The Forecast is pretty cute.
Also, the one from One True Thing. She also sings with From Autumn To Ashes in a couple of songs.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by gtdude114
uh....Ginger Reyes? DUH
Wow...I...suddenly...like...the smashing pumpkins again.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
My Imagination
How bout Rayna Foss?

(former bassist for Coal Chamber)

-Edit- *unF unF*
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Feb 15, 2008,
Angela Gossow for sure.

Christine Scabia (sp?)

And Simone Simmons.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
PLEASE, nobody say Amy Winehouse...

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Cristina Scabbia bitches!! Who could forget that piece of ace??!?!!/
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Lauren Harris (daughter of Steve Harris) is pretty hot if I do say so myself.
Quote by SonataFanica
Anette Olzon.

Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.
cristina scabbia......hoooooly sh/t
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by MakeItWitChu
PLEASE, nobody say Amy Winehouse...

amy winehouse. there i said it bitch do sumthing about it.
my bands singer is a girl
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Quote by synpet713192
This thread now loves you, Alan

I do what I can.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
hayley williams is SO hot. and a good singer. and a goddess
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Neko Case.

Even her band's name is hot.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Does Synyster Gates count?

Sorry, had to say it
The Pit. The Movie.
i'm a hot chick singer.. haha just kiddin i cant sing for ****.
but rihanna is massivly hot. yes i am chick who does think another chick is hot. haha
I <3 Rock Mushik
Page 1 of 2