this isnt a show off your bass or basses i want thread. no pictures please. just asking what bass youve owned, past or present, that you loved as in no other bass can touch it.

Mine was a Yamaha RB760IIa. though it was green and i favor black, this was a very good bass. it had a perfect birds eye maple neck and played like a dream. i wish i wouldnt have sold it now. i got perfect tone, no buzzing anywhere. the only gripe i had is the active pickups ate batteries.
Quote by whosamerica
ummm... my mark hoppus that i have now. its freakin beautiful! :]

im jealous. extremely jealous. thats my dream bass only in close competition to a gibson thunderbird.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
im jealous. extremely jealous. thats my dream bass only in close competition to a gibson thunderbird.

For me it's my two Ibanez basses. I've played loads and loads of basses but I'm happy with the tone and feel of my AGB and ATK.
Its a toss up between two basses for me. I lurve my EBMM FL but I have to say, since I put the bassline pups in my old Epi Accubass, its become a comfortable bass that I keep playing. Its like a well worn pair of high tops, it just feels right. And its all maple and sounds so bright tonally and has a great thick P bass neck.
I've owned three, and I've gotta say that I'm becoming infatuated with my $365 Starfire. It's just unique and comfortable and I don't know if anything can really compare to it.
Nothing feels more "right" to me than a Stingray. God, I love the neck action. And of course its tone is so dynamic and... well we all know what a Stingray sounds like.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Probably this old piece of crap 84 G&L L2000 that I picked up at a pawn shop for like 200 bucks...Guy didn't know what he was selling. That G&L probably saw more gigs than any other piece of equipment I've ever owned. Even though it played like a surfboard I loved it.

That's my holy grail!

OH! You meant bass guitars?

Nope... can't say I've ever seen a bass guitar Jesus played... I'll get back to you though.

In all seriousness, probably either an Overwater 6string I played in Inverness once, or my Warwick. Both extremely nice guitars.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
i play with a Yamaha rbx270l and a yamaha trb1005l and have to say i couldn't be happier with a bass unless it was custom built..
Probably my 1986 trans-era Stingray and my Mesa 400+.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
i played a peavey USA cirrus once in one of the dreaded denmark street music shops. That was brilliant. The Peavey millenium BXP i have now is also really nice.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
My holy grail is my MIA P-Bass that I mention a fair bit 'round here. I haven't played another bass (even another P-Bass) that I love more in sound or feel.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
In terms of vintage vibe, I own a cherry red 1965 Guild Starfire bass--the one with the coveted Hagstrom Bi-Sonic pickup at the NECK position. It is indeed the Holy Grail of basses.

In terms of uniqueness, I have a sunburst Dearmond Starfire bass that I have modified into a 5 string fretless with Q-tuner pickups and Vari-tone switch. It possesses an amazing mojo factor and a mwah factor.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
a fender rosewood MIA p-bass in olympic white color
thats my dream bass
EDIT: or if ever get the money
a fender custom shop
-jazz body
-jazz neck
-quarter punder p pickup
-ash body
-maple neck
-rosewood fretboard
-24 frets
-one piece pickguard
-jumbo frets
-olympic white
-tortoise pickguard
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Feb 25, 2008,
My new Schecter is the best bass I've played and I can't see myself letting it go...ever...
Member of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.

Member of the "Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World" Club. PM Your41Plague12 or Fett13 to join.
Man, if only I had the money.

Warwick Custom
-Streamer
-Rare body wood, maybe Korina?
-Neck Through
-4 string
-Drop tuner
-Holoflash finish
-Gunmetal Chrome hardware
-Ebony fretboard/extremely rare neck wood
-Split coil center, single coil bridge
-EMG or DiMarzio active pickups
-2 band Active EQ

That would probably hit 5 large, but man would it be worth it.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Feb 24, 2008,
Now that I think about it....it's my OLP MM-3. I know, it's a cheapo...but it's also the only bass I haven't actually sold. Maybe because it's destroyed. I don't know. I've kept it for like 4 years (longest relationship with an instrument to date). Maybe I should start repairing....hmm.
I would like an RD bass. Or one of those really expensive custom ones with the mammoth bone nut.
I own a 1974 Fender Precision. In terms of tone, I have never played a bass that can touch it. This is after going through five Fender Precisions to find one I really like. Awesome thump to it, and a perfect rock tone.