So I had my audition last monday for a private creative arts collage (they do film and tv, 3d animation, music, digital desgn and some other stuff) and yeah.. I got it =D

From what I can gather its not going to be like going really intence music study where you get a masters in music - The first year is mostly leaning your instrument and doing the band thing (we get put into bands) then the 2nd year is more focused on the music industry + we join up with the other students from the other subjects and make a music video. In the 3rd years we out all our skillz we learnt into practice so we record, gig, teach or manage.

Im looking very forward to it.. At the end of the 3 year course I get a bach of comtempry music. After that I think im going to get a teaching degree and be a school music teacher - if im not a rockstar by then.
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
good thing your not going as an english major
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
good thing your not going as an english major

ahahahaha he gets my drift
Collage?
you wont be there for long
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
good for you but wrong place to put! this would go into the PIT! But I understand your a five sting bass player.
Aah >.>'

Crap I feel like an idiot

*dies*

In my defence I didnt get a lot of sleep
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

I'm just joking around though! I'm not trying to start a war! lol I just thought of those lame bass jokes I heard before and I was trying to be funny.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
I'm just joking around though! I'm not trying to start a war! lol I just thought of those lame bass jokes I heard before and I was trying to be funny.

Ooh dont worry about offending me

I totaly ignored you
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

The majority of higher education in Australia is called university. Because its is not government funded it is called a college.

This is like yelling at an American for spelling Cupboard wrong

And how many Bassist have Replied in this thread anyway?
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

Quote by Zen5887
The majority of higher education in Australia is called university. Because its is not government funded it is called a college.

This is like yelling at an American for spelling Cupboard wrong

And how many Bassist have Replied in this thread anyway?

I'm not making fun of your spelling, because everyone misspells and who cares anyway, but why would an American spell cupboard wrong?

We use that word all the time.
spelling. whatever. i think he ment how we pronounce cupboard "cubbard"

i think the TS is counting his chickens before they hatch with the rockstar comment. going to school for it doesnt mean youre destined to become a rockstar. best case senerio, you become a session musician. worst.. you suck less than your friends who didnt go
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I'm not making fun of your spelling, because everyone misspells and who cares anyway, but why would an American spell cupboard wrong?

We use that word all the time.

Wow I thorght you guys said closet.. Sorry >.>'

i think the TS is counting his chickens before they hatch with the rockstar comment. going to school for it doesnt mean youre destined to become a rockstar. best case senerio, you become a session musician. worst.. you suck less than your friends who didnt go

Sorry I was ment to but an emote next to that comment to inditate I was joking..

I didnt mean that rockstar comment lol >.>'

Sesssion work would be awesome but I'll be happy with any job in music.
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

Quote by Zen5887
Wow I thorght you guys said closet.. Sorry >.>'

Yes, a cupboard where clothes or brooms are kept are called a closet. But we also call where we store dishes or kitchen items in cabinets in a kitchen a "cupboard". The difference is that a closet is usually a small "room" with a door of some sort. Yes, leave it to the yanks to totally screw up the mother tongue.
Quote by Zen5887
So I had my audition last monday for a private creative arts collage (they do film and tv, 3d animation, music, digital desgn and some other stuff) and yeah.. I got it =D

From what I can gather its not going to be like going really intence music study where you get a masters in music - The first year is mostly leaning your instrument and doing the band thing (we get put into bands) then the 2nd year is more focused on the music industry + we join up with the other students from the other subjects and make a music video. In the 3rd years we out all our skillz we learnt into practice so we record, gig, teach or manage.

Im looking very forward to it.. At the end of the 3 year course I get a bach of comtempry music. After that I think im going to get a teaching degree and be a school music teacher - if im not a rockstar by then.

Where abouts is this place? I live in australia and im finishing school soonish and it sounds like a great place.
Quote by anarkee
Yes, a cupboard where clothes or brooms are kept are called a closet. But we also call where we store dishes or kitchen items in cabinets in a kitchen a "cupboard". The difference is that a closet is usually a small "room" with a door of some sort. Yes, leave it to the yanks to totally screw up the mother tongue.

+1

I'm taking German, so I know that in German they actually use the same word, der Schrank, for both cupboard and closet. And historically, there were a decent number of German emigrants to Australia way back when... so I'm sure the language got befuddled there with the Aussies.

Given, this is all conjecture, but I believe it to be a fairly educated guess. RAWK.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
+1

I'm taking German, so I know that in German they actually use the same word, der Schrank, for both cupboard and closet. And historically, there were a decent number of German emigrants to Australia way back when... so I'm sure the language got befuddled there with the Aussies.

Given, this is all conjecture, but I believe it to be a fairly educated guess. RAWK.

Wie lange lernst du Deutsch? Ich lerne es für zwei Semester... bist du Deutscher?

EDIT: To not be spam...

How much is this music college running you?
The place is called JMC and its $12 000 a year >.>'

But its got 'fee help' so I can pay it off
I own:
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

Quote by anarkee

Ah I see the distinction now. Hey of course the English don't speak the same language they spoke during the 18th century colonial period either, and every other commonwealth/colony introduced at least as much devience into the local dialect

Anyway TS, sounds like you're really moving in the direction you want to go which is awesome.