hey guys, i have an ibanez with an edge III, im really sick of going between drop d, drop c, and standard tuning because you have to re adjust everything ever time you want to change your tuning. Is there a way to make your floyd rose into a hardtail, by blocking it, so that you can just dive bomb? id really like some instructions on how to do this if its possible, thanks
me too
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Blocking it will stop it moving completely, you won't be able to dive either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Silky Smooth
Thats when ya say

"Damn.. I shoulda got a hardtail"

No, that's when you shove a block of wood in the cavity. You can take it out whenever you feel like going Steve Vai
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
The floating mechanics of the bridge add a lot to the tone of the guitar. Putting a block in there essentially makes it a hardtail. Its the same as locking the bridge down to the body of a strat vs floating.

Two very different sounds!
Quote by Silky Smooth
The floating mechanics of the bridge add a lot to the tone of the guitar. Putting a block in there essentially makes it a hardtail. Its the same as locking the bridge down to the body of a strat vs floating.

Two very different sounds!

Yes, but does blocking the tremolo give you the palm muting advantages of a hardtail? Can you really go hamfisted with your picking hand without the strings going sharp?
Quote by DeathShredder23
Yes, but does blocking the tremolo give you the palm muting advantages of a hardtail? Can you really go hamfisted with your picking hand without the strings going sharp?

Absolutely yes. I blocked both sides of my Floyd for that very reason; I couldn't stand how the strings/bridge felt when playing hard, chugging/galloping riffs. I also get more sustain. However, I do very much like the fine tuners on my Floyd -- which are still usable even when the bridge is blocked.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood