Page 1 of 2
I was in Toys R Us for some reason and noticed that one of the first acts was really sick looking,I know they sound like crap but if I were change the pickups would it be playable?
Toys R Us makes cheap toys. how good do you think the guitars will be?
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
yea, you can get a great sound out of a first act.. here's how.

Smash it and throw it into a roaring fire. the sizzle is music to my ears
i want to buy a hello kitty guitar than play it at a gig...
itll be like guitar solo than i pull out the kitty-caster and BAMMM
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
are first act guitars good or bad? i have a friend that has one and says it sounds cool
Quote by G.a.c.771
are first act guitars good or bad? i have a friend that has one and says it sounds cool

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!
i say ya, go for it... know it's prolly a ****e guitar but it won't give you aids...
but know that you could get a good sx strat knock off for prolly $100ish shipped
Quote by G.a.c.771

If he had a custom shop First Act... then I would agree...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
hey, whatever strikes you as your ultimate axe, go for it. jimmy page played a crappy danelectro, jack white plays a montgomery-ward turd-liner. if you think it rules, screw everybody else
Quote by danny_plantain
hey, whatever strikes you as your ultimate axe, go for it. jimmy page played a crappy danelectro, jack white plays a montgomery-ward turd-liner. if you think it rules, screw everybody else

mmmmhmmmmm
The one you saw at target was probably crap but First Act does make some nice stuff. Check out their artist page...some very well known artists from some very well known bands are using them http://www.firstact.com/Artists.aspx?page=1
Paul McCartney
GNR
Franz Ferdinand
Los Lobos
Los Lonely Boys
NIN
SOAD
TBS
To name a few.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by danny_plantain

One different: they are cheaply made AMERICAN guitars. First act is cheaply made China/Indonesia/India/3rd world guitars.
Quote by Jestersage
One different: they are cheaply made AMERICAN guitars. First act is cheaply made China/Indonesia/India/3rd world guitars.

Racist! Or nationalist or something. Just being made in America dosn't guarantee anything.
No. Crap Guitars.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by muse-ik
Toys R Us makes cheap toys. how good do you think the guitars will be?

Wrong, Toy's R Us don't make toys they sell toys from all the top manufacturers, or certainly that's the case here in the UK, they sell some really cool stuff and prices range from £1 to several thousand pounds. However, if I were after a guitar I would go to a Music shop not a toy shop and vice versa.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
First act does makes some nice guitars but they are 2k or more. Those are the ones big stars are using. They arent using the walmart 100 dollar ones. A toy store is probably not the best place to buy a guitar. You dont get much in the way of decent guitars for less than 200 bucks. Even then your pushing it. Its hard to even buy raw wood to build a good guitar for that not including pickups and hardware.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Racist! Or nationalist or something. Just being made in America dosn't guarantee anything.

But guitars made in america generally are better build :P
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

ive seen those... i hated it so much i wanted to buy one just to destroy it.
Think about this question. Could I buy aguitar from Toys R Us and it sound good?
Maybe....If you are Jimi Hendrix reincarnated.
Quote by s.r.v.

"Manufacturer's Age: 13 years and up
Our Recommended Age: 13 years and up "

Guys you need to be 13 and up to use a pedal now.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Hey. I saw this really cool Snoopy fishing pole. Do you guys think I could catch, like, mad fish on it?

Love,
A Child
Quote by losing battle
it would work, if you also change the neck, body, bridge, tuners, ect. ect.

Just buy a new guitar whilst at it.
I'll be straight up with you, i love my FirstAct. cost me $130 and it doesn't sound half bad. you NEED a noise gate, and a good amp definitely helps, but they're not all ****ty. You run into good FirstActs less than good Squiers, but not a lot less. for the best part, all they need is a setup and some TLC to be acceptable.
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?
If they were REALLY cheap then I'd like to get one to practice customizing, soldering and changing parts etc then I'd give it a good smashing rock n roll style
Quote by danohat
I'm sure the pros get the Toys R Us model too.

I can picture Slash walking in to Toys R' Us with his shades and hat on with a cigarette hanging out his mouth, all excited about buying a brand new First Act guitar
Quote by _BucketHead_
I can picture Slash walking in to Toys R' Us with his shades and hat on with a cigarette hanging out his mouth, all excited about buying a brand new First Act guitar

the mental image of that is hilarious.
They're good beginner guitars nothing else.

Unless you get a custom made one, they are actually pretty awesome
its really funny because you can get a boss DS1 for the same price. And for the price of some of those first act you can get a Ibanez or a BC rich thats 10 times better
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
depending on what the body is made of and the pickup you put in it. it should sound ok.
Page 1 of 2