the second measure i am completely stumped ive been thinking about it for about literlly thirty minutes

Edit: the rhythm i know the notes but i need help on when to play them
Last edited by Don't Read This at Feb 15, 2008,
From what I see, the top line isnt lining up. You have those lower whole notes, thats fine. You have the dotted quarter note and then 5 eighth notes, thats all good. However, at the top, you only have a quarter, then a dotted quarter, then an eighth rest. Thats only 3 beats. Its a misprint. So figure out what sounds best.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
From what I see, the top line isnt lining up. You have those lower whole notes, thats fine. You have the dotted quarter note and then 5 eighth notes, thats all good. However, at the top, you only have a quarter, then a dotted quarter, then an eighth rest. Thats only 3 beats. Its a misprint. So figure out what sounds best.

i guess thats a possibility
well yeah, the whole thing is a little bit sloppy (just look at measure 11), but it still makes sense.

what you're gonna do is hit the E chord on beat 1 and hold the two E's for the whole measure. hit the high E string on beat 2. and then on the "and" of 2 hit the A and go through the whole eighth note run.

the dotted quarter note on 2 is what is a little confusing, but the rest on the "and" of 4 implies that the E would end there, where the other E is played. So just hold the high E from beat 2 until you restrike it on the "and" of 4.

that was a really long explanation, but it seemed easier than the alternative of just recording it and letting you hear. which i could do if you're still confused. but feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.

(by the way, it says that photocopies are forbidden, but scanning should be fine)
everything the guy before me said but u actually stop the high e when u hit the d on the and of the 3rd beat
Last edited by WithinYou at Feb 16, 2008,
You play all 4 notes in the first chord at the same time. You hold the octave Es for all 4 beats. The high E will come in right on the downbeat of the 2nd beat, and the A will come in half a beat later. You continue to hold the high E until the half a beat before the end of the measure, while you play the walking 8th notes.

That's really hard to explain. I haven't seen much sheet music with rhythms like that.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by WithinYou
everything the guy before me said but u actually stop the high e when u hit the d on the and of the 3rd beat

that's what i would normally interpret it as being, but the rest on the "and" of 4 is what makes me think that it is meant to be held longer. either way it should sound pretty much the same.