I need help identifying what kind of tubes these are in my new (old) Fender Bassman amp. It doesn't say what kind and I am too scared to pull one out to check in case I do something wrong.

I'd like to know what kind of pre-amp tubes I'll need for sure, and whether 6L6 is the right power tube type. I read something about it being 6L6 on eBay...

The pictures are in my profile if needed: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/CM_X5/pictures/gear/217678/

Any help is appreciated. Once I find out what type of I need I'll be off to the stickied Tubes thread for which brand and such.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
This may be the type of thing you would want a lesson in. I would suggest bringing your amp to a Guitar Center (If there's one near you, if not, somewhere with a good stock of tubes) and ask them to give you a guided lesson in replacing tubes. I'd imagine they'd do it, the GC's I've been to have excellent service. They could show you exactly how to do it, and you wouldn't have to worry about buying the wrong tubes.
^ Sadly I don't have the luxury of a near-by music centre. The only one I could go to would be one that's about 4 1/2 hours drive away and the tech is really not a people-person. You could probably say that about all the employees there, they get all flustered if you ask the wrong question even so I made it a promise not to go there again. The prices they charge for even the smallest things are insane. Double sometimes triple what you'd find elsewhere.

I'm sure there's a YouTube video I could find though...
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Sorry but I'm completely new to this. Are the 4 12AX7's you mentioned the pre-amp tubes?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I assume it uses 12ax7s, but if not, you won't hurt anything by pulling out a preamp tube just to make sure that's what it is. Twist those little metal covers until they pop out, then just pull the tube out. It can only go back in one way, so it's hard to mess up.

EDIT: Yes, a 12ax7 is a preamp tube.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^^It could have. Especially if it's used and the previous owner put something else in there. I doubt it came stock with a 12AT7, but i guess anything is possible, lol.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Twist those little metal covers until they pop out, then just pull the tube out. It can only go back in one way, so it's hard to mess up.

Well this might sound stupid but is it alright if you touch the tube bare-handed? The tech at the music center I just mentioned told me that the oil on your hands will kill the tube or something like that. He told me never to touch a tube or basically even look at it or I'll end up needing new ones. Is that even true?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
^That's exactly what I was wondering. It sounded too weird but I'm a paranoid kind of guy so I believed him.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Well, oil on your hands isn't the best thing for it (or so i've heard), but it doesn't really hurt to pull the tube out or put it back in. That's exactly what he would do if you took it to him to change the tube. I just wouldn't handle it more than is necessary. He was probably trying to scare you into paying him to change your tubes.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86