Tomorrow I have band practice, but I can't find tabs for any of the songs we'll be practicing. I play bass, so I need to know how to improvise basslines for soft rock (Christian-type stuff).
Any help? I know I have to figure out the key, but that's about it.

Thanks.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
If you got the chords then you can just play the root note and move to thirds, fifths or octaves, or other passing notes if youre really comfortable with it. Just move with the chords
I can find chords. So just play the root or fifth of the chord?
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
play with the drums and maybe add in some passing tones or scalar runs or even play an octave higher
find out each chord, and the scale that corresponds with each chord. then improvise within the scale of each chord and you have a good bassline.
I'll probably go with Werty22's suggestion of walking basslines. I don't know why I didn't think of that.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Some of the songs that you guys are playing please?

Ask the guitarist for a list of the chords being played or some kind of chart. From there you can do just about anything. I improvised the bass to Weezer's "Island In the Sun" one time and I think what I did was actually a bit better than the original. Point is, as long as you have some kind of reference to what's being played, you can manage.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Some of the songs that you guys are playing please?

Ask the guitarist for a list of the chords being played or some kind of chart. From there you can do just about anything. I improvised the bass to Weezer's "Island In the Sun" one time and I think what I did was actually a bit better than the original. Point is, as long as you have some kind of reference to what's being played, you can manage.

I know the songs, and I can find chords for them, so I should be good now. Thanks for your help guys.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
No problem

Also, you could try playing the melody line in some parts. Like, if you're in the chorus to a song, and the singer sings the melody line, and then there's a measure where it's just the instruments playing the rest of the chorus without vocals, echo the melody line on the bass. As long as your rhythm guitarist is playing the root notes in his chord shapes, you could get away with that. If he's doing some weird voicing that doesn't have a root in it, however, do not do what I just said.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)