Page 1 of 2
i just like got into carcass
any fans of them? i think theyre really good.
my favorites have to be no love lost and keep on rotting in the free world

anybody elses?
theyre awesome
i love all of their albums
but my favourite is necroticism
thats just a ****ing riff fest right there
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
I take it you've been listening to "Swansong" then threadstarter? Give "Hearwork" a go,, then try oout "Symphonies of Sickness" and "Reek of Putrefactin". That is the real Carcass. Not "Swansong"lol.
I have 3 albums. pretty good band.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
I absolutely love Carcass. I obsessed over them all of last year. I love all of their albums, but it depends on your taste. I'd get their greatest hits album "Choice Cuts" to see which era you enjoy most, but Swansong and Necroticism have the best songwriting. Symphonies of Sickness and Reek of Putrefaction are badass, and Heartwork is also good, but I would wait for the reissues that are coming out this year before buying any Carcass.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Heartwork just ownsmy face repeatedly, all the time
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Great stuff, though I dont like the 2 first albums. Gonna see them at summer fukking great!
Yeah man heartwork and swansong are my favorite albums, they've got some killer riffs.
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
word son.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I have necrotism and Heartwork. Dont like heartwork almost at all but Necrotism is o' so tasty. I heard they were getting back together for Waken, is this true? And if so are they going to stay together or make new material?
^No.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
They will get together and tour, but from what's been said they probably won't make anymore albums.
The first three albums are classics of Death/Grind.Heartwork is also one of the few Melodic Death albums that i can actually listen to all the way threw without getting bored.Great band all around.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by mortiis999
I take it you've been listening to "Swansong" then threadstarter? Give "Hearwork" a go,, then try oout "Symphonies of Sickness" and "Reek of Putrefactin". That is the real Carcass. Not "Swansong"lol.

Lol @ "Real" Carcass. As if suddenly pretend people decided to write and record comprehensible albums instead of the same fast heavy grind song over and over. I love it all, but when a band evolves to a new phase in there musical career its quite stupid to dismiss parts of there work because you cant appreciate the diversity they brought as they matured.
I'm not a big fan of their grindcore stuff (or grindcore in general). Swansong and Heartwork are excellent.
Quote by gsr2k6
Lol @ "Real" Carcass. As if suddenly pretend people decided to write and record comprehensible albums instead of the same fast heavy grind song over and over. I love it all, but when a band evolves to a new phase in there musical career its quite stupid to dismiss parts of there work because you cant appreciate the diversity they brought as they matured.

Swansong was hardly Carcass.
Heartwork and Swansong are records that often act as catalysts for people to jump into more extreme genres. They were for me anyways.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Quote by gsr2k6

Old Carcass is pretty diverse so i don't know what you mean by the " same fast heavy grind song".Necrotisicm and Symphonies and Reek are all very different albums.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Isnt there a carcass thread already?
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
"Necroticism..." is where everything came together IMO, its my favorite but I still like all the rest, including "Swansong".
Necroticism > Reek and Symphonies >>>>>>>>> Heartwork and Swansong

Actually, they're all really, really good except for Heartwork and Swansong.

lol.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Idk if the orginal band is getting together this year, but I do know that they are playing at SRF this year. And that Amott will be there.

According to Wiki.

Carcass Reunion Tour Dates:

June 4th/5th/6th/7th - Sweden Rock Festival, Sölvesborg, Sweden

June 20th/21st/22nd - Hellfest Summer Open Air, Clisson, France

June 27th/29th - Tuska Open Air Metal Festival, Helsinki, Finland

June 28th - Gods Of Metal Festival, Bologna, Italy

July 31st/August 1st/August 2nd - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany

August 27th/28th/29th/30th - Hole In The Sky Festival, Bergen, Norway

And I know that they will be playing at SRF. Beacuse they have already been anounced.
I Like Cake
Last edited by Epic_Name at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by The__Chill
Isnt there a carcass thread already?

Doesn't look like it. Search doesn't bring any up. Someone should make one...
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Well, as I've been getting into Melodic death metal more, Heartwork pleased me and I don't really like grindgore so the older albums are iffy for me. Swansong is definitely not the best album though
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Necrotism and Heartwork are my two favorite albums by them... I thought Swansongs was kind of lame, but not really bad (its cause Micheal Amott left)

I hope the come to North America on their tour espeically somewhere in Virginia
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by COBHC6
theyre awesome
i love all of their albums
but my favourite is necroticism
thats just a ****ing riff fest right there

Agree. Necroticism is pure win.
wow... you actually like swansong...
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by mortiis999
I take it you've been listening to "Swansong" then threadstarter? Give "Hearwork" a go,, then try oout "Symphonies of Sickness" and "Reek of Putrefactin". That is the real Carcass. Not "Swansong"lol .

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Swansong is a great melodic death album in my opinion, and i completely detest the entire "Gotherburg scene"! Necroticism is their best anyway and you seem to have neglected it.

"No Love Lost" is on heartwork anyway.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Page 1 of 2