Ok heres the deal folks.... Im lookin to buy a Marshall tube amp, and upgrade from that dinky MG15DFX... something with some balls here. Im looking to get the best bang for my money as don't have much of it.

Im debating between a JCM-601 60 watt combo for $545 or a JTM60 Head with a 4x10 Marshall cab with celestian golds for $700. I am willing to spend the extra money for the half stack but I'm not too famaliar with the JTM Serious except I heard that the JTM45 is pretty kick ass. I checked out the reviews on harmony central but I need some more convincing. Any advice/ personal experiences?
I have a GREAT idea for you. You love the Marshall tone but don't have the money? Well how about buying a clone head? It sounds just like a Marshall and you can get an JCM800 50 watt version for 675. Then you just need a cabinet for it and you can get a 1960 cab all day long for $500 or less.

www.ceriatone.com
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by zoomzilla
I have a GREAT idea for you. You love the Marshall tone but don't have the money? Well how about buying a clone head? It sounds just like a Marshall and you can get an JCM800 50 watt version for 675. Then you just need a cabinet for it and you can get a 1960 cab all day long for $500 or less.

www.ceriatone.com

+1

From what i have heard from clips and word of mouth, they are very quality and sound amazing.
Yep, they totally rock. Nik puts together some good stuff. I am going to buy the 36W that you can reduce to 18W. I cannot always crank my normal rig, so I have to play though a Marshall MG10 combo! It's not bad for a practice amp, but I would like something inbetween.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Go to the website, look for what you want, then go to the link to harmony central reviews and read away! He sells combos and heads and cabinets, so it's up to you what you want. But YES, they are THAT good!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
I heard Ceriatone's aren't well planned and don't color code, as well as forgetting some wires, which can be hard. I would not get a JTM though. They are LOUD amps and that sound pretty lifeless until you crank them. What abotu a used JCM800 or JCM900 head?
Nah man you got your prices wrong... That price is for the CHASSIS WITH TUBES ONLY . Its $875 for it assembled in the cabinet