hey
i have a ibanez rg370dx and has not very much sustain do you guys recommed anything for sustain for my guitar thanks
jp
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
sustainnnnnnnnnn pedal...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
what about the groovetube fat finger?
is it any good?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Block the tremolo would be the best thing.

A compressor will help a bit, as will simply improving technique
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
a tube amp lol. solid state amps dont have a natural volume drop off like tubes do so it is taken as a loss of sustain. sell some of your stuff for a tube head? lol thats what i would do :P.

but if u dont want to do that, sustain pedal is the way to go. its usually a function thats a part of a comp pedal. or u can get an overdrive pedal but the comp would be better i think.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
my teacher recommeded a groove tube fat finger, has any one tried it?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
A fat finger is not going to help that much. You can try it, but a little technique will help more than a chunk of metal.
A SS amp and a skinny little guitar with a skinny little neck and a trem is not a good sustain setup.
It depends on what kind of sustain... if you want an infinite constant sustain, you may want to get a ebow instead.
Or a guitar made out of a decent amount of wood.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
higher gauge strings?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Check your pickup height too

You don't want them too close or you'll choke your sustain out
Well, depends whether you need to just sustain 1 note, or generally. Cause if its the latter then, as has been said - nice amp, compression, better technique, check p/u height.

If its the former however, you can just use feedback - hold the note down, mute all the other strings, and hold your guitar in front of your amp, the sound coming out at the correct frequency (natural/resonant frequency) will vibrate your strings, and so come out of the amp etc. its a loop that can continue indefinitely, as long as you hold the note and the guitar is in the right place.
Adam
Why is it that everytime one of these threads appears someone chimes in with "sustain pedal"? There's no such thing, there are compressors which *can* be used to improve sustain in certain situations but that's not what they're designed for, it's just a side effect. They tend to work best with clean tones, they can be extremely noisy with distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if that guitar has a locking tremolo then you might want to check out
http://floydupgrades.com
maybe the blocks can fit onto the edge
i just got this one
http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=184
for my OFR. haven't installed it yet. i want to record the differences but its going to be a bit of a deal switching them out.
i can tell you, the brass block alone weighs about as much as the entire floyd bridge itself
Quote by steven seagull
Why is it that everytime one of these threads appears someone chimes in with "sustain pedal"? There's no such thing, there are compressors which *can* be used to improve sustain in certain situations but that's not what they're designed for, it's just a side effect. They tend to work best with clean tones, they can be extremely noisy with distortion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
have look on how matt bellamy gets ultimate sustain summit to do with a ubar in his guitar
Setup:

Ibanez Gio
Bc Rich Warlock
Fender Squier Telecaster Deluxe Custom
Peavey Bandit
1982 JCM 800 Marshall 50WT Amplifier
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Digitech Rp200a
Quote by s.r.v.

I'm just going to pretend i didn't see that
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I'm just going to pretend i didn't see that

WHY!!?? That's one really groovy looking pedal...
Adam