with the exception of the pickups is their really a difference between squire and fender? I put Seymour Duncans in my squire and it sounds great.
I refuse to answer that
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Let me put it like this. I own a squire. Ok. Now, a real stratocaster takes a metaphorical dump on the squire. Like it ****s on it.
Quote by zache57
with the exception of the pickups is their really a difference between squire and fender? I put Seymour Duncans in my squire and it sounds great.

I bet it sounds like sh1t according to your gear.

TS, there is a huge difference in the wood, hardware and pickup quality between the two. Plus the fact that Fenders are better made with better quality control. It is definatly worth it to save the extra few hundred to get the Fender.
Squiers are made out of **** wood. I mean, look in the description, it isn't even made of Agathis! Thats the lowest quality guitar wood you should find on a name brand guitar. No no no, not even cheap agathis for the squier, its made of "hardwood" LOL.
Quote by The Charm
Squiers are made out of **** wood. I mean, look in the description, it isn't even made of Agathis! Thats the lowest quality guitar wood you should find on a name brand guitar. No no no, not even cheap agathis for the squier, its made of "hardwood" LOL.

To squiers credit, the affinity ones are made of alder. Although it is low low quality alder, its better than "hardwood".
Some squiers are made of alder. Hardware is still mostly crap but as long as the wood is decent they make great candidates fore moding.
My squire is ok for what I paid for it, but my Fender blows it away.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by acdcrocks0323
To squiers credit, the affinity ones are made of alder. Although it is low low quality alder, its better than "hardwood".

No not all Squier Affinity series Strats are made from Alder, mine is made from agathis it would appear that the Don't Dream It Play It pack models are not alder so it's as simple as that.

Back to topic.

I have an Affinity series HSS Strat bought as a pack with the G-DEC Junior Amp, the guitar has served me well and I would say it is a great starter Guitar, however, last week I bought an MIM Strat they are chalk and cheese, everything about the MIM Fender Strat is far superior. It's worth bearing in mind that here in the UK squier strats range from £100 to over £200 yet an MIM Strat can be bought for £288 which what I paid for mine.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)