I'm thinkin' about getting this Epi Les Paul. Its in my price range (up to $500) and looks pretty good.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=519393

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with this guitar, positive or negative, or any other alternatives in the price range to keep an eye out for.
Quote by what_the_bleep?
I'm thinkin' about getting this Epi Les Paul. Its in my price range (up to $500) and looks pretty good.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=519393

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with this guitar, positive or negative, or any other alternatives in the price range to keep an eye out for.

I haven't tried that one before, it looks pretty cool. But if you want an Alternative, I'd recommend the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, again, this guitar will make you happy, if you want a good Les Paul for a lower price.
Standards are quite good that one looks decent
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'd recommend a Hagstrom Swede over an Epiphone, honestly. supposedly better guitars in general. The basic Swede reissue would run you about $500 as well
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Mockingbird452
I haven't tried that one before, it looks pretty cool. But if you want an Alternative, I'd recommend the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, again, this guitar will make you happy, if you want a good Les Paul for a lower price.

Standard Plus = Full mahogany.
Custom = Mahogany/alder sandwich.

The Standard Plus is going to sound alot more Gibson-y.

I actually do like the sound of Alder more, but most people looking at Epis want the Gibson sound.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by Wulver
I'd recommend a Hagstrom Swede over an Epiphone, honestly. supposedly better guitars in general. The basic Swede reissue would run you about $500 as well

+cake
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Standard Plus = Full mahogany.
Custom = Mahogany/alder sandwich.

The Standard Plus is going to sound alot more Gibson-y.

I actually do like the sound of Alder more, but most people looking at Epis want the Gibson sound.

Customs are full mahogany now

Customs are the way to go if you can afford it

But the guitar you are looking at looks alright
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest