This may have been asked before, but I could not find it...
So I have decided that I love the sound that I am getting out of my tiny Vox Pathfinder 15r, and next time I play a gig, I would love to use. I am planing on micing it next time I play, but I was wondering if I were to buy a 212 cab and use that, would it make the amp setup loud enough to play on its own, without a mic?
you're getting a good sound out of a pathfinder :s buy a new amp, but you also could mic it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
It won't be that much louder, but it'll sound fuller.

You could either:

A: Mic it.
or
B: Get a new amp.

Personally, I suggest B.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
my buddy has used a 75 watt spider for a gig and it sounded pretty good for a spider but still spider quality (that is bad BTW).

you can definitely do it, but if you have the money, buy a small tube combo instead. depends on your style of playing. based on the fact you have a vox, im guessing its nothing in the realm of metal so a small tube combo (1x12) would do you endless good.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
Quote by metalgirl0
Maybe you can plug it into the PA system ?

I've gigged with a microcube through a PA. It works just fine. A bigger amp would be better, but until $$ allows, it's just fine.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
lmao thats cool. gigging with a microcube. i dont know if i would ever do that however. nice to know it can handle that tho.

GET A NEW AMP MAN
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
I like to have a little stage volume so small amps were never a consideration.
yes it would be. plenty loud. anything can be loud tho. its about sounding good too.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!