www.myspace.com/anamericanshootout

i know there using a mesa or a really boosted marshall, unfourtentely i dont think i would ever get both those amps, too fishy, and just over used with every single band. what amp would get that sound besides the two mentioned above? pedals are ok and i hate digital and emgs. budget would be probly 1500 bucks but flexible. dont worry bout my guitar my parents are getting me a good one for my birthday (march)
Quote by convictionless
www.myspace.com/anamericanshootout

i know there using a mesa or a really boosted marshall, unfourtentely i dont think i would ever get both those amps, too fishy, and just over used with every single band. what amp would get that sound besides the two mentioned above? pedals are ok and i hate digital and emgs. budget would be probly 1500 bucks but flexible. dont worry bout my guitar my parents are getting me a good one for my birthday (march)

I'd think a windsor would be able to get that if you add some OD.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
for 1500 you could get a mesa...
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
for 1500 you could get a mesa...

+1

why not get the mesa if you want a mesa tone. no amp can get a mesa tone except a mesa. thats why its a mesa tone. you can get pretty close but its not the same.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
hold on, you have a sound you want, and you wont chase it cause you think too many people use that same equipment????
i guess having someone pay for it for you means you can play with whatever you want, and not have to go through the absolute pleasures of finding that tone on your own. who cares if its popular, you wont sound like the others, cause you wont play like the others
Quote by jamogod
hold on, you have a sound you want, and you wont chase it cause you think too many people use that same equipment????

this reminds me of a good point. i used to think that way but have you ever realized why so many people use/like certain things? its because it has a reputation for being great. so if you liked the tone they got out of a mesa, you should therefore get a mesa, to sound like them.

granted, this doesnt mean going to buy sig equipment because you should sound and look like your own player not someone else but if you absolutely must sound like them, using their equipment is the safest bet. even then you will never sound like them because of technique, feel, etc.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
lol i actually listened to the band now and they are really good but in terms of tone that sounds more like a VHT to me. maybe look into VHT? does have some marshally qualities but more gain than a marshall can do.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!