So, I read this article a few weeks ago (http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=243), and it's been making me think I might want to go about getting a boost pedal. If nothing else, it'll be useful in increasing the power of my fuzz face.....

So, I'm looking around, but I'm not sure what sort of boost I'm after. I'm considering the BYOC TriBooster, since that seems to have three of them all in one unit. That sound like a good idea? Or would you suggest another one?

http://www.gilmourish.com/wp-content/downloads/animals_shineon1.mp3
^That's the kind of tonal difference I'm looking for in a boost pedal, I guess. Something that'll give it that extra little "oomph".
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Maybe something like an LPB-1, or another sort of treble booster for it? Remember to make it go guitar -> booster -> Fuzz Face-> amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Here's my 10p:

You might want to look at a graphic EQ and put it before your fuzz (As Faisal said) so you can boost it through that with more control, and if you don't like it you've also got a graphic EQ you can use at other places in your chain. It's worth noting Gilmour had 3 EQs, boosting bass, mids and treble respectively.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I give you some tips. If you have any unused Distortion or Overdrive it can be a booster. Just do some experiment. Normally what people do is put of all the gain but the level(volume) a lil more than it bypass. Put it before your main distortion/overdrive.

Bit that wont as good as you use the Equalizer.... some brands will do, it will be more dramatic and manipulative. Is not limit to explore this!!! Serious!!!
Well, yeah, fair idea with the distortion, but since the only distortion pedal I have (besides the fuzz face) is that horrible Danelectro FAB Metal......that's out of the question for now. Even using it as a clean boost sounds awful.

As for the Gilmour comment, I'm really styling my effects after the early Gilmour, not the huge effects board The Wall era stuff. He didn't have much more than the fuzz, the echo, the wah, the boost and the volume pedal in the early days.

But, yeah, okay, I'd still like more opinions on this, if you're willing to give them.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
If you don't want to get an EQ, the EHX LPB-1 has more db boost than any other booster. The EQ sounds like a nice idea, but I doubt you'd need it if you're boosting the Fuzz Face. Then again, it's what you want, maybe you want a different setting for the boosted tone.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
^i bet you the LPB1 doesn't have 35dB of available gain like AMZ Mosfet Boosters have. imo, the mosfet boosters are better in every way. more available boost (35dB), gain knob instead of a volume knob, higher input impedance, doesn't lose tone when turned down.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^i bet you the LPB1 doesn't have 35dB of available gain like AMZ Mosfet Boosters have. imo, the mosfet boosters are better in every way. more available boost (35dB), gain knob instead of a volume knob, higher input impedance, doesn't lose tone when turned down.

How much is one of those?

And, I dunno, reading the article makes me think I'm really after one of those geranium boosts. Something that colors the tone a bit, you know. not much, but a difference. Then again, the BYOC boost is a three-in-one....

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay