iv posted a few songs on it nd you can like em or hate em... whatev. im cool with criticism. but im really sick of all the poems. like the ones that don't rhyme, have no structure, and basically are just peoples bland outlooks on life. like. im not gonna name any specific names.. (cuz last time i got banned for it) but if you get the time go peruse the songwriting and lyrics forum. ii can basically do what they do right here. it means nothing and is completely senseless. but had i not typed this message before you and i both know people would be all over it with their likes and dislikes:

forever..
the equivalent of nothing...
strung out over time....
because nothing is forever....

see. im not saying thats supposed to be something deep and emotional. but if you read and compare, its not all that different from whats in there. and i came up with that in five seconds. just use a few sensitive words like forever and nothing and its all of a sudden poetry?? no. i dont think so. this writing takes no time or effort. i say keep stuff like this in your diaries. and keep the songwriting and lyrics forum for songwriting and lyrics. (dont even say "the rules say poetry is okay" cuz i know they do. i just dont care. if anyhting the rules should be changed.)

save your critical "your just closed minded" crap. i dont care and wont read it.
i know that poetry doesn't have to rhyme. and im fine with that if it actually means something. but just because you have an extensive vocabulary and are depressed shouldn't make you a good writer.
Poems don't have to rhyme, but I find it much more easier to listen to or read if there is a pattern. If you use an odd meter, or no meter at all, it makes it hard to read. If it doesn't rhyme, it seems less interesting. That's just how I feel. I write poetry and whatever, and when I write lyrics, I try to make it rhyme. I think it's just more pleasing to the ears.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
You're a twit and a lot of the people who write prose in there are better at it then you'll probably ever be at writing anything.
Quote by whosamerica
i know that poetry doesn't have to rhyme. and im fine with that if it actually means something. but just because you have an extensive vocabulary and are depressed shouldn't make you a good writer.

Who are you to judge whether something is good writing or not?
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by whosamerica
just because you have an extensive vocabulary and are depressed shouldn't make you a good writer.

That's great! Even if you left out the extensive vocabulary part.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by HaKattack
Who are you to judge whether something is good writing or not?

Who are you to judge whether im a good critic or not?
why does it seem as though all the people who oppose my statements have distasteful one-lined sigs that make no sense??? a trend perhaps???
Quote by whosamerica
why does it seem as though all the people who oppose my statements have distasteful one-lined sigs that make no sense??? a trend perhaps???

IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Go write a song about it or something.
<Han> I love Hitler
just a few things:

1. meaning can be found anywhere, if you bother to look for it. and aside from the occasional death metal cannibalistic murder themed lyrics, i personally can find meaning in every piece i've read in the forum. it all hinges on your interpretation. and if you go into a piece pre-judging it based on whether it rhymes or fits a pattern you recognize, you're never going to like anything.

2. there is an incredible amount of talented writers in s+l. and even more, there is a very diverse group of writers in s+l. who work with so many different forms and structures and techniques. i resent that you say the writing in the forum takes no time or effort. if you really read most of the pieces in there, you'll see that there are so many brilliant allusions and images and metaphors. and whether you like them or not, that shit takes a whole lot of work. #1 synth (sorry, i don't know your name) posted a fucking sestina, for god's sake. that's an incredibly difficult form to work with, and he did it really well. its a huge slap in the face for you to accuse the people in the forum of not putting any effort into their pieces.

3. no one is forcing you to read anything in the forum. if you see a non-rhyming poem posted, don't read it or shut the hell up.

that is all.
when birds flap their wings do the make believe they're really arms?