So basically, I plan on buying a Gibson Explorer, the black and white one for 1049... I have a couple of questions. First off, how far down do you think I can haggle 'em to get it and second, do they usually have new ones in the back? No way in hell I'm buying a floor model.... Also, tips on how to get it down would be appreciated.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=517320
I played the black one.Had a really nice sound.But i't really clumsy to play, while you sit if u never player one before xD
Quote by Nikon87
So basically, I plan on buying a Gibson Explorer, the black and white one for 1049... I have a couple of questions. First off, how far down do you think I can haggle 'em to get it and second, do they usually have new ones in the back? No way in hell I'm buying a floor model.... Also, tips on how to get it down would be appreciated.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=517320

Well, you could probably get it down to 900 plus taxes maybe, they'll usually take off one hundred bucks or so if you're persistent enough. You could probably get rid of more if you want to be a real big ass hole.

You'll probably have to get the floor model if you haggle it down though. What's wrong with floor models anyways?

A great way to haggle it is to look for any imperfections like dings or scratches and the like. When you find them, point them out like there's no tomorrow! Even if you don't haggle the guitar down, you could probably at least get them to throw in some patch chords, picks, strings...

P.S: You probably know this, but you can't haggle Musician's Friend if you're buying from there.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Read up on negotiation techniques. Sometimes it's better to talk to something with power, like a manager or supervisor. Do everything professional!!! Can't stress that enough. You will not get anywheres going in there with ragged clothes and a bad attitude. Dress decent. Be respectful. Be strong and persistent.

I've always said, "You would rather let me have that (insert product here) for (insert discounted price here) or would you rather not have the sale at all?"

^^This will only work on people you care about sales/ customer service.
I've got an epiphone explorer, and if you havent played one before, make sure you like the feeling of a neck that you have to prop up with your left hand the whole time, and a bridge that seems a lot closer to your body than usual (not as far to the right, i mean).

I'd reccommend playing one at least 2 or 3 times before buying it.