When I pluck a string it hits a fret and starts buzzing, this is when I play an open note. Am using a FR, what can I do to sort the problem out? Should I raise the action?
Yeah your string is probably way too close to the fingerboard. Depending on what guitar you have, you should be able to raise the bridge a little bit. Either that or your strings are too loose.
When I fret any string on the first fret the string buzzes on the second fret, when i fret the second fret on any string it buzzes on the 3rd fret and so on. Also Ive noticed it only happens on the 3 thickest strings, is my FR uneven?
you probably have to raise the action
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
What was that trick about placing a thin business card under the first fret, as a measuring guidline?
thats for testing if the nut is set up well
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
i would change the action a bit, test if the buzz is still there and then adjust it another bit and so on...
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
OK, now when I fret the first string on the low E string the distance at the 12 fret is 4mm, is this about right?
Your first stop should be the Fret Buzz Thread

Sounds a lot like fret grooves to me, but check the troubleshooting guides in that thread, you'll have a better idea what you're dealing with.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by TERU
OK, now when I fret the first string on the low E string the distance at the 12 fret is 4mm, is this about right?

if it's buzzing it's not right. dont get caught up on the numbers.

this shows how to lift the action on a floyd bridge.

http://projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm

you can try that if you want, and if it's still buzzing, and/if the action feels too high, repost.

edit: also, keep in mind you dont have to get rid of all the buzz, just the buzz transmitting through the amp. so, it might just need a very slight adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 16, 2008,
Ok I get hardly any buzzing now but the action seems too high
if you think your bridge isnt balanced correctly, then check out the following Floyd thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

if your bridge is balanced correctly, then you might need to adjust your neck (after more instruction).

check it out, and ask madpickin03 any floyd questions in there, or post here, if you'd like to measure neck relief.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011