Strange bit of advice needed here:

I play guitar using my fingernails as picks - don't ask why, it just works for me, i've never been able to do it any other way. But recently my nails have started griding down or breaking until there's nothing left to pick with. also when they do crack they tend to get caught on the strings which interferes with my playing.

So i'm wondering - i know you can get thumb picks that clip onto your thumb, but do they do them in smaller sizes that'll clip onto very thin fingers, so i can use them instead of nails?

or should i do something that'll make me feel really gay and go to the nail bar and get some false nails?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
1 - False nails does not make you gay and even if it does, who cares?

2 - You can get false nails made for playing guitar, John Butler uses them.

3 - Yes they do make finger picks
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, get some finger picks. Personally I can't use them, I prefer to use my fingers themselves, but also I don't like using my nails, so they might work for you.
Quote by rancidryan
you can get finger picks dont turn gay

yeah i'm sure i've seen them around and i'll give them a try, but i'm a bit worried that the difference in shape would also hold me back, in which case i'd have to go for the camp option and get false nails (this wouldn't make me gay - it would just seem a bit camp).

EDIT: zaphod, any idea where i can get some of those that you mentioned in yout 2nd point?

and honestly... i was joking about the sexuality "issue", i know its completely irrelevant.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 16, 2008,