I'm changing the strings on my Jackson soon, but atm don't have any string cutters so have to wait a couple days to get some. I removed the D and G strings before realising this, so atm I only have 4 strings on the guitar - if I leave hte guitar as is with just 4 strings on for a few more days, will there be any chance of the neck warping or any bad **** happening? It's a well built guitar and it's in its case, not exposed to any temperature extremes, but just wanna make sure...
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
no...there are more chances for the neck to bow or something with 6 strings...so no...don't worry...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Yay, thanks. Just checking cos I heard of dodgy things happening to some guitars if you take some of the strings off.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
People have had strings off their necks for months at a time, with no negative effects. Now, these were probably decent to great quality necks. If you have a ****ty neck, it might bow or it might not.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Ah it's a top quality guitar, should be fine. thanks for your reassurance
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
I always restring my guitar without wire cutters!! You know it is possible to just unwind the string off the machine head and just pull it back through the bridge?
Aye, but with the FLoyd Rose you need to cut the ball ends off when putting the new strings on.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
Quote by ninewhilenine
Aye, but with the FLoyd Rose you need to cut the ball ends off when putting the new strings on.

Not necessarily...just put the ball ends on the tuning pegs
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Not necessarily...just put the ball ends on the tuning pegs

a cookie for you sir!

I always string that way, I'm going to cut the loose ends off anyway so I might as well just cut once instead of twice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just release the tension off the strings if you are worried, the pressure on the neck will be slightly uneven but it wont hurt it for a few days ..