I've been playing for about 5 months so far, and somehow my right hands picking speed is much faster then my left hands speed.
I've been wondering how I can synchronize both of my hands, and in future (I'm asking this so that I won't make another thread about this) how can I increase the speed of both hands. I know that probably I'm gonna get a reply such as 'play your usual stuff but try doing that faster' but if someone could link me to an exercise it would be great. The exercises I've been playing for about 3 months are 1-1-2-1-3-1-4-4-3-4-2-4-1 and 1-3-2-4 up and down on all strings and all frets.
I own a strat if that's somehow related to this.
Thanks for further answers and sorry if this is in a wrong place.
^ Your case is not something new or unique. It's something we all go through. The problem has a very simple solution. Slow down. Play at a speed at which both your hands are in sync. It can be as low as 40-60 bpm. Then, work your way up. Practice quavers or semi-quavers with a metronome.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Quote by sTx
^ Your case is not something new or unique. It's something we all go through. The problem has a very simple solution. Slow down. Play at a speed at which both your hands are in sync. It can be as low as 40-60 bpm. Then, work your way up. Practice quavers or semi-quavers with a metronome.

Hmm that is simple I guess, thank you
I find chromatic runs are very good cause they make all the fingers go.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Practice, practice.
Try new songs that are faster. Play them slow and once you get more comfortable with the riffs make your way up to full speed.

Also practice with a metronome, maybe do some pentatonics with one.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
All answers are related to the word practise. The guitar won't break if you make a mistake so have fun with it. Try to write riffs and short improv solos on chords. Do your scales and then finish your session messing around. Only by messing around will you get the confidence you need. There is no real "wasted time" with a guitar around your neck.
Stop showing off and play the music!
i've been playing a while now and i have the same problem in reverse my right hand is slower than my left. im quicker at hammers ons and pulls and my hand wont keep up