Page 1 of 2
do ya'll still have 'tea-time'? me and some of my friends were discussing this yesterday, I figure someone on here knows whats up
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
no i mean like "stop the world just to have a cup of tea"

cuz in america, youre thirsty, you go get a drink, but in movies and such it looks like the british hold their tea time sacred

i want the truth!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Tea time is dinner time i do believe.

I drink a lot of tea but no i don't have a time where i down to just drink tea.
Only in wars

it really pisses off the Germans
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
my parents do the whole stop the world for a cup of tea thing, because my nan lives next door and shes alone pretty much all day since my grandad passed away.

so they go round there and seeher in the mornings and evenings.

but Tea-Time is Dinner-Time i believe.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
interesting. personally i celebrate whiskey time.
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
I don't think we've ever had a "tea-time" where everything stops for a cup of tea.

You watch too many films.
Oh George... Oh George.

That Texas education must've fucked you up when you very small.

Too true, Roger. Too True.
in some jobs, mainly to do with constuction and suff you have a tea break at about 10am but thats about it i think
Empty Space
Quote by Meatball200
Afternoon tea is best enjoyed with a slice of homemade fruit cake. Pip Pip!

I love fruit cake and tea
Well I drink a lot of tea but I don't stop, drink a cup, carry on, I'll just make a cup and drink it while doing whatever else.

Do love ma tea
Most deffinetly, very important part of the day.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

This doesn't exist for me unless my band are practicing. Half way through we ALWAYS stop everything to drink tea.

But tea time is the time you have your evening meal too.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I make a cup of tea in the morning and when at work.

Teatime is just another name for dinner, majority of the time there's no tea involved.
That's interesting because I thought everyone in America is fat. Can anyone tell me if that's true?
I ****ing HATE when people refer to a meal as tea.

Tea is a drink, you have tea-breaks because people in the UK are very fond of tea and tend to drink it over most other drinks (although frankly I find it vile)

Dinner is the meal. Not Tea, which is plainly a freakin hot brown drink brewed from leaves.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I ****ing HATE when people refer to a meal as tea.

Tea is a drink, you have tea-breaks because people in the UK are very fond of tea and tend to drink it over most other drinks (although frankly I find it vile)

Dinner is the meal. Not Tea, which is plainly a freakin hot brown drink brewed from leaves.

No, tea is an evening meal, comes after dinner, the afternoon meal. Everyones got different dialects...
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
No, tea is an evening meal, comes after dinner, the afternoon meal. Everyones got different dialects...

breakfast-lunch-dinner, no tea ever.
Breakfast
Lunch/Dinner (it's a 'dinnerhall' come on...)
Tea/Supper.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by smb
That's interesting because I thought everyone in America is fat. Can anyone tell me if that's true?

not all, but alot
Band practices have to have a break for tea.
YES! my practices have at least two tea breaks

Edit: and it goes Breakfast, lunch, Tea/Dinner where I live, and Tea is the most common term for the evening meal
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Last edited by Pink_blood at Feb 16, 2008,
That's the stupidest fucking stereotype you idiots believe.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by TheShubes
do ya'll still have 'tea-time'? me and some of my friends were discussing this yesterday, I figure someone on here knows whats up

Well my mom jokes makes a meal of chips and beans out a tin and we take it from the kitchen. We don't even say thank you. It's like we just smell it and know its ready, I go to my room to eat it, my sister goes to hers, mom and dad go in the living room. And we're all watching separate tv's lol.

Most dysfunctional family ever.
You bastards. I want a nice cup of Earl Gray now.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
It's really not a very different concept from people drinking ****loads of coffee in the states... Just tastes better.
...Bleep Bloop...
Tea time just refers to dinner. If we want a cup of tea we go drink one, we don't drop whatever we are doing and run off towards the nearest kettle, foaming at the mouth...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by TheShubes

What do you mean by "tea time?" If you mean a time to eat supper - then definitely not, I have supper at eight o'clock, not five. But "tea time," so you drink tea, eat biscuits and cakes, then definitely YES. I have tea every single day, with breakfast - but mainly at "tea time," which is between 3:30 and 5:30.

Tea time = tea drinking.

Tea time =/= supper.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Dinkydaisy

that time of month already?
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
My housemates and I drink a LOT of tea, probably about 10 cups a day each. I also go to friend's houses just to have a cup of tea and a chat (and maybe a biscuit, if they have any).

It's one of the few, true English stereotypes. Contrary to popular belief we don't have bad teeth, we don't say things like "tally pip, old bean", and we don't wear bowler hats (except on Bowler's Day which happens on the day before the summer and winter equinox)

Quote by Dinkydaisy

It's too late, they already know. There's no point hiding it anymore.

Fingers crossed they won't find out about that other thing we always do.

You know, that thing... Yeah, that's the one
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
If yer from't north, "tea" 's yer evenin' meal.

Otherwise, no, and we probably never did. Except the very rich, who never do any work and sit around all day admiring artwork.

It could also vary a lot with your regional and class background. For such a small place, the UK is very varied.
Last edited by Vermintide at Feb 16, 2008,
Page 1 of 2