Well first off, hello to everyone this is my first post here (I think) and that I like the community.

Okay down to business, I'm planning to sell my Squire strat and get a new guitar.

What I'm interested in buying:
Fender or Ibanez Guitar (Suggest other brands if you want)

Price Range:
£300 or below (Lack of job, but get £20 a month building a study and redoing the garden at home)

Notes:
Dislike the telecaster placement of controls and the Les Paul style round body guitars.
-I'm right handed.
Been playing for a year now, after a 5year break with two years experience prior to the break.
-Play metal, rock and light acoustic styled music.
Want to narrow down possible guitar specifications, before going to local music shop to try-out guitar.
-Gear listed in signature.

Links to possible guitars
Ibanez list (GAK) £200-£400

Fender list (GAK) £200-£400

Well that's it, thanks for reading and any advice you can give me.
Sorry if I've popped this in the wrong section.
My Gear:
Fender DC-4/TS Acoustic
Encore Classical
Vintage V100
Squire Stratocaster
Marshall MG15CD
Last edited by Nutter166 at Feb 16, 2008,
im guessing your still using thw squier strater amp as well...
id recomend a laney vc15, this will much improve your tone, more so then a new guitar
get a new amp! a new amp would improve your tone and style much more than a new guitar.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
a SG.. probably epiphone would do the job i guess
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
cheap fenders arent good mate, go for a vintage or ibanez. cheack gak for the vintage advance series, theyre amazin for the price. vintage is the best under 300 and is still the best up til 600. trust me i got one and ive played hundreds of old guitars and £3000 guitars. i know this one is the best of the best.
Alright, I'm not sure about your currency because I'm from Canada. I'm pretty sure its about double. So for 800$ you can get yourself some decent stuff. If you are going for a Fender I would suggest going second hand and getting a MIA (Made In America). I have the cheapest Ibanez, the Gio. Surprisingly, I really like it. It has a fast neck and a light body. If you upgrade the pickups your good to go. What I would REALLY recommend to you would be a new amp. Amp make up a huge part of your sound so getting a MIA Strat and playing it through a MG10 is a waste. So I would suggest getting a used Ibanez RG series guitar and upgrade your amp with the rest of your budget. Good luck!
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Wow, well got to say quickest amount of responses I've ever had, thank you all for the replies.

@stephen_rettie & lazlow325i
I'm using a Marshall MG10CD 40watt amp, I got it last year for my birthday, don't want to get a bigger amp due to room constraints and the fact I live with my parents still.

On the subject of the Epiphone G-400, I like the look and it seems pretty sweet, I'll see if I can try it when I go down to the shop, thank you for the info.

I was looking at the vintage series but from what I saw they were expensive, now it seems I was looking in the wrong place will again see if I can try it when I go to the shop.
My Gear:
Fender DC-4/TS Acoustic
Encore Classical
Vintage V100
Squire Stratocaster
Marshall MG15CD
Quote by Nutter166
Wow, well got to say quickest amount of responses I've ever had, thank you all for the replies.

@stephen_rettie & lazlow325i
I'm using a Marshall MG10CD 40watt amp, I got it last year for my birthday, don't want to get a bigger amp due to room constraints and the fact I live with my parents still.

On the subject of the Epiphone G-400, I like the look and it seems pretty sweet, I'll see if I can try it when I go down to the shop, thank you for the info.

I was looking at the vintage series but from what I saw they were expensive, now it seems I was looking in the wrong place will again see if I can try it when I go to the shop.

first its not 40w
second you dont need to get a bigger amp to get a better amp, just get a small tube amp
Well it says 40Watt on the back.
I don't just mean size I mean in sound, I can't play my amp that loud right now just get into trouble if I do...

I know I could just go get a tube amp, but since I just got this amp I don't really feel like getting another one..
My Gear:
Fender DC-4/TS Acoustic
Encore Classical
Vintage V100
Squire Stratocaster
Marshall MG15CD
I would suggest saving up since you still dont want another amp, another guitar would sound the same through that amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground