im looking to get a reverb pedal, im mostly considering the holy grail plus. I will be using it with distortion mostly. I only have $155 to spend on GC's website. Could some 1 reccomend me 1 if this isnt what i should buy.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
With distortion go with the Holier or Holiest Grail. I have The Holy and Holiest and when I use reverb on distortion, its always the Holiest. My reason, distortion into my Holy Grail gets muddy. I can tweak the Holist to sound awesome with any amount of distortion.
i dont know ive heard olot of people say that they really cover up your tone and that theres a slight decrease in volume when you use it
is this true
I like the sound of the Boss reverb a lot.

As for the EHX, Im sure it sounds good, but Ive had nothing but bad experience with the pedals Ive bought from them.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
^ ummmmmm........what?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
No decrease in volume for me.

Ive had nothing but bad experiance with boss tbh, Well not that ive owned any. But from what I remember, the grail slaughters the Boss for reverb.
Quote by jxljxl
^ ummmmmm........what?

Which part?

A)You cant tell me the reverb on the new Brand New album doesnt sound glorious, and I find it works well with the style of music that I like playing. I do not own it though.

B)Ive owned a Big Muff, Small Clone, Small Stone, and a Nano Stone. The Small Stone came as a complete dud (wound not turn on with batteries or when plugged in); the Small Clone muddied up the signal quite a bit, dropped the volume, and hissed; the Big Muff became really thin and tinny after a week; the Nano Stone was fine, so I guess I lied earlier.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Give the Line 6 Verbzilla, you will be surprised how good it sounds.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
alright so ive narrowed it down between the holy grail plus and the verbzilla, i like the reverb on my line 6 toneport. Is this similar considering verbzilla and toneport are both by line 6?
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
The Holy Grail my friend.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by the-kid66
i dont know ive heard olot of people say that they really cover up your tone and that theres a slight decrease in volume when you use it
is this true

son of a bitch i just tried one out yesterday
i eat my words
to sum it up
"WOW"
the Verbzilla is ridiculously flexible. It has a ton of cool 'studio grade' models and parameters to control.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.