Any of you bag the amp reverb for pedal reverb? My understanding is that if you use pedal reverb, it is best to use it in the effects loop of the amp (between the pre and post amp is what that means I think). Is there any difference tone/signal wise regarding whether you use pedal reverb or amp reverb?
Yep, my reverb pedal > amp reverb. I plan on detatching the tank at some point to make it a bit lighter.

If you only want to use it for clean/with pedals before then put it before the preamp, if you want to use your amps on board distortion stick it in the loop. Otherwise you amp will distort the reverb and make it sound like youre playing in the grand canyon under water.

It depends on how good your amps reverb is compared to the pedal you want. My VCs reverb i find is a bit weak and tinny. My holy grail is very lush and deep. =) I reccomend it.
Quote by beckyjc
Yep, my reverb pedal > amp reverb. I plan on detatching the tank at some point to make it a bit lighter.

If you only want to use it for clean/with pedals before then put it before the preamp, if you want to use your amps on board distortion stick it in the loop. Otherwise you amp will distort the reverb and make it sound like youre playing in the grand canyon under water.

It depends on how good your amps reverb is compared to the pedal you want. My VCs reverb i find is a bit weak and tinny. My holy grail is very lush and deep. =) I reccomend it.

Don't bother, the tank is really light and won't make much difference. Plus i heard detaching the verb tank makes the reverb knob into some crazy boost knob...