Well not the whole not but the space where the 6th string lies(not sure if there is a specific name for the space where the strings sit) seems to be to small for the gauge(I use 10-52) and the string is just laying on top of the space, not in it.

So if I carve the space a bit bigger or something and get the string to fit in, will this help me in any way, i.e. buzz, intonation, action etc. Or is it fine the way it is?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I'd just take it to a tech. He could fix it while you wait and he'll do a better job. The shaping of the nut is very important and if you mess it up your guitar will kind of suck.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
left or right?
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
damn.
I was waiting for the second half of that analogy:
"My nut is to small..."
Oh well, i guess it's just the Grammar Nazi in me.

On topic, I have no idea what to tell you.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
i play right
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
i play right

he meant left or right nut dumbass
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
I think that was a double entendre of sarcasm.
And don't call people dumbass', you're the one who bought a digitech grunge.
And you didn't make that quote about the special olympics up, I've heard it a thousand times.
Dumbass.
it was double entendre of sarcasm...dumbass
You think I would honestly start a thread called,"My nut is too small" and have someone ask, "left or right" and expect me to not comprehend the joke.
dumbass
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by forsaknazrael
You could use the string as a file and wear it into the nut yourself.

Well if you do that, it will open yourself up to pinching. It can be done that way, but you will need some kind of graphite on the nut so the string will not pinch in the nut.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah