I was wondering if i wanted to build a FENDER TOM DELONGE SIGNATURE STRATOCASTER. What is the top place that does this? Like if i take a new HSS strat and i wanted the invader pickup installed. Who is the best company to do this? Where do these artists get their gear done?
You can install an Invader yourself. Its really not too hard. If u really want a DeLonge Strat, u can buy a DeLonge Strat pickguard from WDMusic.com.
I know i can do it but i wanted a professional to do it. Like setting the proper pickup height etc
Quote by BassMekanik
I know i can do it but i wanted a professional to do it. Like setting the proper pickup height etc

oh, thats pretty smart if you dont think you can... uh, probably just about any guitar shop could do it for you, the shop here has a guy i've known almost half my life, and he knows everything about putting guitars together perfectly, he's onna the only people i trust messing with stuff on my guitar besides me
I breathe air.
Don't forget that he had a 70's style CBS headstock, and a maple fingerboard. Oh, and it was daphne blue/surf green.
Hey, this seems like it'd be a pretty easy mod. You'd save a lot of money if you just did it yourself. You just need a humbucker/volume pickguard and an invader. He actually didnt have a maple fingerboard. It was a surf green pearloid pickguard rosewood fretboard
If you're gonna change the pickguard anyway, there is no need to buy an HSS strat, a regular SSS will do. Those are usually easier to find and maybe even cheaper.
Quote by carousel182
Hey, this seems like it'd be a pretty easy mod. You'd save a lot of money if you just did it yourself. You just need a humbucker/volume pickguard and an invader. He actually didnt have a maple fingerboard. It was a surf green pearloid pickguard rosewood fretboard

Damn I meant rosewood, grrr.

I wouldn't mind making one tbh, would be easy. But i'd build it out of high quality products, and spend a fair bit.
I'm a huge fan of Tom myself...
I have a SSS strat but I'm putting an Invader in bridge....I'm painting my guitar yellow and probably yellow pickup covers ...and black pickguard...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!