medicine:

it's a song about drugs, which i've never done (i'm only 14 after all). i just thought that these lyrics describe what it feels like. also notice that at first the song is lighthearted, but then goes into a fast and heavy Am harmonic solo section, much like a drug od, great then weird then ending abruptly (with a pinch harmonic!). also, the verses kinda sound like donkey kong country music

fahrenheit 451:

a bit like "go off!" in that it's kind of a bunch of ideas put together. for some reason i always put solos at the end

edit: also, I KNOW THAT THE END SOLO IN FAHRENHEIT 451 CAN'T BE PLAYED. i wrote it so it's way too hard

edit: now with gp5, 4 and midi
Attachments:
Medicine + Fahrenheit 451.zip
Last edited by hotsnakes at Feb 17, 2008,
For Medicine:

Up until the breakdown, scrap everything. I know you said it's just a bunch of ideas put together, but really, it's just two weak, over-repeated riffs meshed together by unnecessary (and uncreative) drum fills. The bluesy-rock riffs would be good by themselves in a completely different song, but ONLY if you add some variation. And don't add the vocals as a track, it only detracts from the main point of writing guitar pro songs in the first place.

However, the breakdown itself, however much it may contrast with everything before it, is good in itself. If you can a song based on that as a central idea, it may turn it all right. The first solo was good as well. But it goes downhill after that once again.

Overall: rewriting is probably the best option. No offense, but, stating what you have already said, it IS just a jumble of ideas.
Rockin solos for both! Great job on the solos. I thought the vocal track for Medicine was really good, not bad lyrics either. Medicine was probably my favorite. It had that trippy feel to it which blended wonderfully with the vox and added to that overall feel. Fahrenheit 451 was also pretty good, but sometimes just wandered off and didn't really blend well together. Like before one of the solos (don't remember which), you had a fast sixteenth not power chord run and then an eighth note solo run =/ . That's where the fast solo should begin lol. Overall, very nice. 8.5/10
Fahrenheit 451 was good, the dueling solos we're not so bad, but dunno.
I really digged the verses a-1 and a-2.

The solo part, way to long to get somewhere. Got bored fast.

Verse B was cool, but after 2-3 bars, it started to get annoying and boring. I had to skip there -_-

The solo C and D were awesome, but can you play that? Lol..

Anyways cheer for the fcrit!
damn, i had a big summary out of how it was, and my internet froze

oh well
farenheit
awesome
love the all over soloing, just a bit to repative
mabey work on some theory make the solos flow better
10/10 cuz i love 8 solos to a song

medicine
sounds like, gnr at the beginning
pretty awesome
like the solos
vocals fit well
solo out was awesome
overall 10/10 as well
just make the breakdown more "breakydown"

c4c?https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787860
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Fahrenheit 451: The solos are pretty good but get a tad repetitive. One little improvement you could try is paning one guitar to the left and the othe to the right. The bass was a little awkward at times. Not bad tho. 7/10

Medicine: First off, great job with the lyrics. I felt some of the verses leading up to the vocals could be a little more melodic, like a hook leading up to your chorus(which was great by the way). Solos were awesome too. Good job. 9/10
Last edited by Tortiss at Feb 18, 2008,
Quote by Tortiss

Medicine: First off, great job with the lyrics. I felt some of the verses leading up to the vocals could be a little more melodic, like a hook leading up to your chorus(which was great by the way). Solos were awesome too. Good job. 9/10

thanks, i was really thinking of qotsa and the strokes when i did the vocals. i actually have come to dislike the second solo, i think i'm going to cut it. i'm glad the vocals went over so well, i've never tried them before.
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C