instead of using traditional spring loaded trem systems, why doesent someone simply incorporate a digitech whammy pedal into a guitar so you can dive bomb all day without having to retune?

and dont respond with anything involving locking nuts/ floyd rose, the point is i want the sound WITHOUT the strings or neck bending in any way

the guitar would look normal, but the whammy bar would be connected to the pedal, not to the bridge itself

any input?
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
any decent guitarist would be abl to tell the differece between the sound of a whammy pedal and a floyd dive bomb. i guess it depends on if you care what it sounds like or not.
that sounds like a really cool idea actually, except that when you try to whammy pedal a chord it sounds like dying cats
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i dont exactly want the guitar to sound like a normal guitar anyways, im really into 80s keyboards and the sound they make, i definetly want it to be new-wavey sounding
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
You could probably get it to work, but it would be more of a "Hey guys, I stuck a whammy pedal in my guitar, how cool is that?" sort of mods than a "Hey guys, I stuck a whammy pedal in my guitar, does that sound good or what?" mods.
I'd say go for it if you have enough/money/time/patience.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
that sounds like a really cool idea actually, except that when you try to whammy pedal a chord it sounds like dying cats

ZOMG dying cats is brootal
that is sheer genius. I've never used a whammy pedal before, Would you still be able to do that thing where you lower the floyd, till the strings are loosening, then strike the strings to get a low rumbling noise?
Quote by jimRH7
that is sheer genius. I've never used a whammy pedal before, Would you still be able to do that thing where you lower the floyd, till the strings are loosening, then strike the strings to get a low rumbling noise?

the newer ones have that
Whammy pedals are fun but they sound too electronic I sold mine because of that I'd rather just have a floyd on my guitar it sounds better and it's actually moving the strings not trying to reproduce the sound.
im sure it would make some interesting sounds, the reason i want it in the guitar though is for the same reason theres that wheel on the side of some keyboards- raise or lower the pitch an octave basically. i suppose it would be a lot like a guitar hero whammy bar....

it wouldnt loosen the strings one bit, thats the point. i dont want to have to retune every song, and i want it to sound VERY electronic. I've always loved the sounds that came out of the 80's, and i beleive this would be an interesting way to bring some of 'em back
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
it will be amusing to say the least :P

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
hey, if you're going ahead with this, i'd say By far the most difficult part of it will be making the moving parts. have you put any thoughts into this?